Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Childrens show theories

Post by Raven Song »

Because - theories are fun!!!!

Courage is dead, he witnessed Murial and Eustace die and the show follows his crazed visions as he tries to come to terms with it.

Ed, Edd and Eddy are all stuck in purgatory, that's why they can never leave the culdasac and are on permanent school leave, the calm before their sentence (except in the revamp where they can get to the lane, the school and a few other areas - that's because they are now in full blown purgatory)

Powerpuff girls were an accident and were abandoned. the girls go to a horrific school and live in an orphanage and make up stories about having super powers and an amazing father to make up for the fact that their lives are so bad.

Rugrats, Angelica is the only one alive... All the characters dies throughout her life and the show is based upon her witnessing all the kids die (Tommy died at birth which is why his dad makes toys constinently, the twins - mom didn't have them and because Ang couldn't understand if it was a boy or a girl she made them twin, Chuckies mom died giving birth to him - that's why we never see them...)
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Childrens show theories

Post by Leeward »

This is one I remember reading about Spongebob: post-apocalyptic dystopia, humans were wiped out by nuclear warfare, other lifeforms heavily mutated and became sentient, everything has become highly reactive (this explains the random mushroom clouds).
Echo_W95
Species: Black Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Post by Echo_W95 »

There is also the Pixar theory, which states that all of the pixar movies follow one big giant timeline and that they are all connected.
Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way.
Telegram: @Echo_w95
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Echo_W95 wrote:There is also the Pixar theory, which states that all of the pixar movies follow one big giant timeline and that they are all connected.
Except that they've managed to disprove most of those...

Leeward I like that one...

I also found one on the Flintstones:

The Flintstones aired during the 60's, the height of the cold war. People were scared about whether or not they'd make it and the Flintstones are the result of the world gone post apocalyptic... that's why they have modern type tech, but stone age themed because we lost most of what we had to the bombs but the memories live on...
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

RavenSong wrote:Ed, Edd and Eddy are all stuck in purgatory, that's why they can never leave the culdasac and are on permanent school leave, the calm before their sentence (except in the revamp where they can get to the lane, the school and a few other areas - that's because they are now in full blown purgatory)
Don't they go to school in the later seasons, though?

I've heard this theory before, and how it also explains why all of the characters seem to be a part of different time periods.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Yeah they go to school because they're now suffering through their purgatory, prior to that they were in holding, awaiting judgement.

It's also believed that each character is a sin:

Eddy - Lust or Greed (he has adult magazines but he wants everything)
Edd - okay i'm not sure on him... I mean.. he's like... smart :P is nerd a sin?
Ed - Greed or Gluttony (He hoards food and objects, and also has this ability to eat half a house...)

I cant remember what the others all belonged too...
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by jacojerb »

Not sure if it even qualifies as a theory, considering the amount of evidence in the show...

Adventure time is set in a post-nuclear war apocalypse. All of the creatures in the show are results of radiation. In the shows, there is talk of a "Great mushroom war" (A reference to mushroom clouds). Marceline and the Ice King are the only knows survivors from before the war. They have flash backs to before the war and just after the war, where there lies cities in ruin... They never say nuclear war, but there is enough evidence to make it pretty obvious.

And I prefer the Courage the cowardly dog theory that he is, in fact, just a dog. He interprets any threat to his masters as horrible monsters. He only knows their house, hence why they live in the middle of nowhere. There isn't really any monsters, just visitors to their place, and how a dog would interpret it
Mew?
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Gauteng

Post by Obsidian »

Beat me to the punchline :cry:

I agree with the Ed, Edd and Eddy one, I think someone also said their tongues are weird colors because that is what happens in death or something?

The newer shows though are either too random to really have fan theories or myths(Gumball) or others slowly explain their world and make it deeper as they go along which makes fan theories and myths redundant (Adventure time or Regular show).

I still watch Cartoon Network now and then but other than the three listed above I think the majority of cartoons are abominations and don't deserve theories anyways :P.
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

There is a theory that Frankie Foster (from "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends") is autistic, and that the entire show takes place inside her mind.

In the real world, she's actually living in a run-down little apartment surrounded by toys representing the characters from the show (and the home itself in the form of a snow globe), all while her ageing grandmother (Madam Foster) struggles to take care of her.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Why are these theories always do depressing? Can't people just enjoy the shows for what they are?

I do like the theory that Courage is only imagining everything, though. That one actually makes a great deal of sense. It explains why his humans are mostly oblivious to any danger.

But what about the episode where they go to that island and are turned into animate inanimate objects? I don't recall any of them being changed back.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Sev wrote:Why are these theories always do depressing? Can't people just enjoy the shows for what they are?

I do like the theory that Courage is only imagining everything, though. That one actually makes a great deal of sense. It explains why his humans are mostly oblivious to any danger.

But what about the episode where they go to that island and are turned into animate inanimate objects? I don't recall any of them being changed back.
There are a lot of shows that veer off the path of the theory which is why I think the majority of theories are just that... a theory... most shows are made with good fun in mind and they just happen to fit a formula that works well with a theory.
Contrast wrote:There is a theory that Frankie Foster (from "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends") is autistic, and that the entire show takes place inside her mind.

In the real world, she's actually living in a run-down little apartment surrounded by toys representing the characters from the show (and the home itself in the form of a snow globe), all while her ageing grandmother (Madam Foster) struggles to take care of her.
OMFG I LOVE THAT THEORY!!!!!!!!!!!

that's brilliant!!!