Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: What are you watching RIGHT NOW?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Oh yeah, I started watching Hunter X Hunter. I had read some of the manga years ago but stopped when the art quality dropped. The anime is pretty awesome though.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Recently watched Youjo Senki and it was pretty interesting. Imagine WWI, but with magic.
The highlight for me was the action scenes, which were smoothly animated and peppered with a generous amount of pretty 'splosions. :)

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I just finished the first episode of Kemono Friends Season 2.
All I have to say is this:

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Watched both seasons of Kiniro Mosaic. It's about two British girls who go to study in Japan, but they're voiced by Japanese voice actresses, so the whole thing is full of scenes like this (remember, these two are supposed to be British):

It was still delightful, though, and every episode managed to put a smile on my face. :)
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

When I was on the plane back to Austria, I watched a couple of movies.

Kung Fu Yoga

It's Jackie Chan! Playing the character... Jack Chan. It's pretty ridiculous and completely over the top but I liked it. It's not great but there's some cool kung fu, even a fight scene with hyenas. As long as you can get past how ridiculous it is, it should be enjoyable.

The Twelve Tasks of Asterix

I saw this years ago when I was a kid. My sister and I really enjoyed it. It still holds up. It's a good movie with some pretty funny bits. Also some bits that will probably not fly with the kind of people that think a white man wearing dreadlocks is akin to physical violence but who cares about them.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

This movie looks beautiful and I did enjoy it but boy is it stupid. The characters are stupid, the scenario is stupid and the writing is stupid. Basically they just take elements from the previous films and stick them together. But if you saw the first Jurassic World, then you know the kind of thing you're in for.

Dead Poets Society

This had a big reputation but I'd never seen it before. I took the opportunity and really liked it. It was quite inspirational and definitely a excellent movie. Also it's got Dr Wilson from House. I thought it did and it was bugging me until I was able to look it up.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Started watching "Anne of Green Gables". It was charming at first, but I dropped it about ten episodes deep because the MC became insufferably annoying. Maybe it was the voice acting. When written down, I can totally envision her banter as being delightful, but when spoken aloud it just seems off, like she's not actually saying these things because she's really an imaginative, quirky little orphan girl, but rather because she's putting on an act in order to emotionally manipulate everyone around her into giving her what she wants. Also, she comes across as an incredibly ungrateful brat sometimes. There was one scene where her new adoptive mother made her three brand new dresses from scratch, but Anne threw a hissy fit because they didn't have puffed sleeves. Now, I know she's only eleven, but even so, you'd think that after spending her whole life in abject poverty she wouldn't make such a big deal out of the puffiness of her sleeves (or lack thereof). Just lots of little things like that gradually strangled any enjoyment I might have otherwise had.

The narrator was pretty good, though.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

I started watching Black Clover.
It's pretty good!
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I'm about to watch Heidi. In Japanese. With English subtitles. While hearkening back to the days of my youth, watching this same program in Afrikaans.
The sheer levels of mind-fuckery I am about to inflict on myself are astounding. :P
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is so awesome,
on Part 5 now, watching with Jok, but he wants to finish the manga before we watch more.

So watching Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma with him till then, and, for all the food orgasms the show is very surprisingly well done plot wise as well, very engaging and the animation is excellent too.
Plus even the men go 'nude'(no bits), not just the women :P
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Loki the dragon
Species: Dragon, horse,sergal,wolf,demo
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Loki the dragon »

I'm watching Ao no exorcist, and after that a Thor marathon
An ant has no quarrel with a boot
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I saw How To Train Your Dragon 3 today. Really great movie! Looks beautiful and so much dragon time.

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I finished Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san today. It was so beautiful! But how will I fill the gaping Senko-shaped hole in my heart now!? :cry:
Guess I'll just have to wait till next week for Uchi no Musume no Tame Naraba Ore wa Moshikashitara Mao mo Taoseru Kamo Shirenai to come out, but that seems so far away... :(
Arentor Iceshine
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Arctic Fox

Post by Arentor Iceshine »

An old one, Avatar: The Last Airbender. I've watched the Legend of Korra, but not The Last Airbender, so it felt right to go back to the beginning of it all.
It's an amazing series with really well-rounded characters and themes, not to mention the fact that bending is super cool in and of itself!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I have been watching episodes of Monk but now I realise I need to catch up with My Little Pony! It's almost all over!
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

The full episode of Cat Shit One is now up on Youtube.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Haunted... A netflix series that I was hoping would be even a little bit spoopy but instead I'm having a laugh at all the stupid demons and sheet.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I'm just going to re-watch Hannibal again. because why not. Also I'm going to get all witchy and spoopy on people once more. Because I love to embrace my dark adorableness...
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I just finished watching "Mysterious Girlfriend X". It's about the importance of honesty and empathy in a healthy relationship.
And drinking your partner's drool.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I just found out I can watch the original Samurai Jack on More4! As well as Robot Chicken because More4 is the official Adult Swim provider in this country. I am happy now :)
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Dorohedoro! They nailed it! They frickin' nailed it! I'm so happy! :mrgreen:

I was a bit skeptical about their decision to opt for CGI animation in the trailers (most CGI anime, like Ajin, look absolutely dreadful), but the finished product is actually a mix of CGI and traditional animation, which works really well. Another thing I was initially worried about was the art style itself. Hayashida Q has such a unique, gritty style. It almost resembles concept art rather than a polished manga, making everything look really scratchy and dirty, with lots of messy lines and dark shading. I didn't think they'd be able to translate something like that to a moving image, but I was worried for nothing. Yes, the characters are "cleaner" than you'd find in the manga out of necessity, but everything else is wonderfully grungy. Hole really feels like a filthy, depressing shit hole, and the sheer misery wafting off its inhabitants is almost palpable. The best thing, though, is that they didn't try to shy away from the violence in any way, which is great, because Dorohedoro takes regular, over-the-top violence and elevates it into an art form. Severed limbs, people getting their faces ripped off, hammers breaking bones, and literal fountains of blood gushing all the way up to the ceiling, and that's just episode 1!

MAPPA's done a fantastic job so far of animating a fantastic manga and I can't wait for episode 2. :D

Summary wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:53 pm Hole—a dark, decrepit, and disorderly district where the strong prey on the weak and death is an ordinary occurrence—is all but befitting of the name given to it. A realm separated from law and ethics, it is a testing ground to the magic users who dominate it. As a race occupying the highest rungs of their society, the magic users think of the denizens of Hole as no more than insects. Murdered, mutilated, and made experiments without a second thought, the powerless Hole dwellers litter the halls of Hole's hospital on a daily basis.

Possessing free access to and from the cesspool, and with little challenge to their authority, the magic users appear indomitable to most—aside for a few. Kaiman, more reptile than man, is one such individual. He hunts them on a heedless quest for answers with only a trusted pair of bayonets and his immunity to magic. Cursed by his appearance and tormented by nightmares, magic users are his only clue to restoring his life to normal. With his biggest obstacle being his stomach, his female companion Nikaidou, who runs the restaurant Hungry Bug, is his greatest ally.

Set in a gritty world of hellish design, Dorohedoro manages a healthy blend of comedy and lightheartedness with death and carnage. Taking plenty of twists and turns while following the lives of Hole's residents, it weaves a unique world of unearthly origin and dreary appearance not for the squeamish or easily disturbed.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Today's dose of cool.

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Sa1tflat
Species: A filthy hybrid

Post by Sa1tflat »

Star Trek: Voyager. I like it. Yet to see the borg
@Sa1tflat on telegram.
I definitely straight as shit, definitely
Ok maybe not
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Just finished watching Midsommar for the 2nd time. Fantastic film if you're into folk horror. I also strongly reccomend The Witch!
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Gleipnir is out! It's finally out! So excited! :mrgreen:

I'm really happy with what they've done so far. The art, animation and voice acting are great, and based on the characters we can see in the opening, it looks like they're going to adapt way more of the manga than I thought they would. Really looking forward to the next episode. :D
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Is it just me or does this remind me of Randall?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

A trailer that might interest people here.

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Today I started watching Digimon Tamers. Have to see if it's as good as people say. Also Renamon.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Nash
Species: Crux Hybrid
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Nash »

Last night I watched Wolfwalkers! It's quite a good movie with a mesmerizing animation style. It's a must-watch, especially in the furry community, in my opinion :D
Attachments
10358169238c263c28a967f8e76df1ac.jpg
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

I've been meaning to watch that!!

Thanks for reminding me!

Adding it to my list!