Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

Discuss movies and TV stuff in here.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

Post by Contrast »

Hey guys! Rather than smattering the rest of the forum with random posts about MonMusu (I sense people might get slightly annoyed with that) I thought it would be best to give it a thread of its own, where we can discuss anything and everything about this wonderful manga and anime! :mrgreen:

You can watch the first glorious episode here (WARNING. Contains high levels of perversion): http://kissanime.com/Anime/Monster-Musu ... ?id=111965

Secondary WARNING. This thread is bound to contain SPOILERS from the manga. If you haven't read the manga, or if you'd like to watch the anime in an unspoiled state, I recommend you leave right now.

We good? Then come, my fellow pervs! Let us don our top-hats and monocles! I shall open a bottle of the finest sherry so that we may discuss the most sophisticated of topics, such as...

Who is your MonMusu Waifu?

This might come as a surprise, but my waifu is not part of the main harem. For me, it's a toss-up between Polt and Zombina. :3

ImageImage

I really like their energetic personalities. And, well... I think fangs are sexy, okay? :oops:

Any deal breakers?

Yup. Centorea. Don't get me wrong, she's a lovely girl and she has a wonderful personality, but... well, you know...

Ahem, moving along!

Favourite scene in the anime so far?

Without a doubt, it has to be the punch. So satisfying! :D

It's part of what sets Kurusu apart from just about every other harem MC, in my opinion. He's not some wimp. If someone is talking shit about someone he cares about, he'll do something about it. He actually gives the girls valid reasons for caring about him, whereas other ecchi stories simply have their girls falling at the MC's feet for no good reason whatsoever. I think the reason most harem MC's tend to be bland and without personality is to let the average viewer project themselves into the MC role.

But Kurusu is different. He has some real personality behind those squiggly white eyeballs. :P

Any scene you're looking forward to?

Oh my word, that tongue... O.O

I'm also looking forward to the appearance of MON and everyone's favourite BDSM lover, Rachnera.

What about you guys? Any thoughts to share? Come now, don't be shy! We're all pervs here. Pull up a chair and have some fun. :mrgreen:
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Re: Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

Post by Contrast »

Just finished watching the 2nd episode. I love how closely they're sticking to the source material. It's all there, almost word for word. They did a great job capturing the innocence of Papi and the chivalry of Cerea. I would have preferred Cerea's subtitles to have more of an Old English vibe to it like in the manga ("Who is this buffoon betwixt our bosoms!?"), but that's the translator's fault, not the anime.

My favourite scene for episode two? Well... ;3

rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

Post by rusted hydra »

heheheh.
That ice cream scene was so funny...

Well say what you want about Centorea she still has a massive rack
I just cant wait for.... damn the name escaped my mind. The spider and the mermaid.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Mero and Rachnera.

I absolutely love Rachnera! There is just zero pretence with her. She always says it exactly like it is, no bullshit whatsoever. And although she looks super scary, she can actually be very thoughtful and caring, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing how they animate her. I suspect all those legs will be quite a challenge. Also, this never came up in the manga, but I think seeing her actually blink and look around with those eyes of hers will be quite creepy (but in a good way).

And another thing, did you know she apparently only weighs 82kg?
I call bullshit! :O

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Oh my word, Suu is so cute! They did it again! They totally nailed her personality! Watching her come to life on-screen was an absolute joy. :D
AnimeSuu6.jpg
And did anyone else catch the little author cameo easter egg in this episode? Watch the TV screen carefully when Papi plays the Wii Tennis game. You can see that instead of humans, it's actually two hermit crabs playing together.

Whenever Okayado (creator of the manga) addresses his readers, he always depicts himself as a hermit crab.

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Contrast wrote:Whenever Okayado (creator of the manga) addresses his readers, he always depicts himself as a hermit crab.
Ooh! That's excellent! When I discussed furry and how it doesn't depend on identity I only really had bronies and their OCs as a concrete example. I figured there would be artists who used a non-human character to represent themselves and now I have one.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

There are plenty of examples of that: Jolly Jack of Sequential Art represents himself as a hamster, and the guy who draws Nerf Now depicts himself as a purple tentacle monster.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Leeward wrote:There are plenty of examples of that: Jolly Jack of Sequential Art represents himself as a hamster, and the guy who draws Nerf Now depicts himself as a purple tentacle monster.
And then theres that blue bear as well... i forget his name...

I love JJ's hamster though... thems eyes...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Leeward wrote:There are plenty of examples of that: Jolly Jack of Sequential Art represents himself as a hamster, and the guy who draws Nerf Now depicts himself as a purple tentacle monster.
Looks like Jolly Jack is a furry though. Can't find much on the tentacle monster.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

It's kinda stupid, but I find it hilarious that Mero wears a maid outfit. :lol:

(You know, because she's a mermaid.) :P
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

AH!
I finally watched episode 5
I'm loving meru. specially those webbed hands
Idk I just like the idea of webbed hands
and by like I mean really REALLY like. webbed feet also
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I think they look cool, but I wouldn't want to be with a girl who had them. I like holding a girl's hand and intertwining our fingers together, and you can't do that to a webbed hand without tearing it. :/

Although, having a GF with gills could have its advantages. You know, because she wouldn't have to come up for air... >///>
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Sakul Ebbon wrote:webbed hands
Dammit now I want to watch this!
But I really don't want to watch something so akin to hentai...
*Pulls out hair.*
Contrast wrote:Although, having a GF with gills could have its advantages. You know, because she wouldn't have to come up for air... >///>
Actually that's inaccurate. Most fishes need to filter water through their gills to breathe, meaning they have to constantly "gulp" water in through their mouths. One notable exception is the Chinese algae eater (a misnomer, since it is neither Chinese nor a true algae eater), which has a secondary orifice near the top of the gill slits to suck in water without having to open its mouth, so that it can stay attached to whatever it's busy sucking on for an indefinite period of time. Other suckermouth fishes such as plecos have to either stop to take a breath every now and then, or suck in water at the same time.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Leeward wrote: or suck in water at the same time.
Still beats the hell out of getting a blowjob from an Eskimo. All she did was rub my d@#k against her nose for 20 minutes.
[Da dumb, tiss]
[REDACTED]
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

At least she wasn't butterfly kissing it...
Although I wouldn't be surprised if some found that arousing.
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Leeward wrote:
Sakul Ebbon wrote:webbed hands
Dammit now I want to watch this!
But I really don't want to watch something so akin to hentai...
*Pulls out hair.*
Contrast wrote:Although, having a GF with gills could have its advantages. You know, because she wouldn't have to come up for air... >///>
Actually that's inaccurate. Most fishes need to filter water through their gills to breathe, meaning they have to constantly "gulp" water in through their mouths. One notable exception is the Chinese algae eater (a misnomer, since it is neither Chinese nor a true algae eater), which has a secondary orifice near the top of the gill slits to suck in water without having to open its mouth, so that it can stay attached to whatever it's busy sucking on for an indefinite period of time. Other suckermouth fishes such as plecos have to either stop to take a breath every now and then, or suck in water at the same time.
What she said^^^^
Though I would say more but this is a pg section.
But to something less obscene contrast could just stick a water hose in along with his water hose to allow breathing through his waterhose while using the water hose.
I have failed
Contrast wrote:I think they look cool, but I wouldn't want to be with a girl who had them. I like holding a girl's hand and intertwining our fingers together, and you can't do that to a webbed hand without tearing it. :/
Well there is that disadvantage but they'll provide a lotta advantages. Besides swimming its good to keep a saucy hot dog or burger form leaking between your fingers and ruining your shirts.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I think they'd mostly get in the way on land. She can't use a pair of brass knuckles to go upside a busta's head, for example.
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Contrast wrote:I think they'd mostly get in the way on land. She can't use a pair of brass knuckles to go upside a busta's head, for example.
Gun beats fist
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

You can't fire a gun with webbed hands either. Unless you remove the trigger guard, I guess, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal. :P
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Yea. Though its called "Adjusting a firearm form to better fit ergonomics of anthros."
I can already think of some designs I can do for a rifle that would allow a person with webbed hands to hold and fire it. Tis just a lil fiddling and experiments. I believe I can still have a trigger guard (of sorts) to keep it legal.

Pistols no. I'll hand that one to you. you cant fire a pistol with webbed hands, unless I mount it on the wrist.... hmm... but that presents a few other problems...

Also am I correct in saying that next episode will have Rachnera?
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

The next episode is already out, and YES!! It has Rachnera!! :D

Also...
Leeward wrote:At least she wasn't butterfly kissing it...
Although I wouldn't be surprised if some found that arousing.
That made me think of getting butterfly kisses from Manako... >///>

Last edited by Contrast on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I just asked a firearms dealer, and he doesn't know of any laws about firearms having to have trigger guards; it's just a standard safety feature, like safeties. Also firearm modding is not only legal but quite common. As long as you don't change the calibre, muzzle velocity, etc, and don't make it fully automatic, it's totally kosher.
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Leeward wrote:I just asked a firearms dealer, and he doesn't know of any laws about firearms having to have trigger guards; it's just a standard safety feature, like safeties. Also firearm modding is not only legal but quite common. As long as you don't change the calibre, muzzle velocity, etc, and don't make it fully automatic, it's totally kosher.
Aha! But to be honest I'd want to keep a guard. If it fell you dont want the trigger getting hit.
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

mnghnmngn... episode 7...
To be honest now that they've put some animation to Rachnera I can feel my arachnophobia kicking in.
But I still am fascinated by spiders and find the concept of monster girl spider so alluring that I am in this state of mixed emotions! its like... its... my...
My mind' telling me no. But my body!- *cuts out*
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I think it's awesome. They got the perfect voice actress for her, too. So sultry.

I've heard people comment that it looks weird for her to have a set of human legs in addition to her spider legs, but what most of them fail to realise is that those "human legs" at the front are actually her pedipalps.

I also really liked the introduction of the MON girls. Monmusu is mostly a comedy, but that scene at the doujinshi shop with the otaku orcs was like something straight out of a dedicated action anime, but better, because zombie boobs.

Also, I love how Monako pulled off a no-scope from 2km away. MLG PRO!! GG!! GG!! :lol:
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Adorable, yet sad. o_O

"Fabric feel that expands and contracts also horizontally to vertically, as if it has a tenderness such as marshmallow, hit feeling when you deposit the weight, gives you the best of pleasure to wrap the body." Thank you, Google Translate. :lol:

But since I'm posting anyway, has anybody else noticed that they put a reference to Okayado in almost every episode? There was another right after the egg scene, where a hermit crab toy dropped from a coin machine, and in the MON episode, where a reporter interviewed an "Okayada Sensei" off-screen.

I think it's a very nice touch. :)
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Kissanime is down...
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye