video editing/screen recording freeware ect.

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

video editing/screen recording freeware ect.

Post by rusted hydra »

I was wondering if anyone could help me if they know of any freeware ect that I can use for recording whats on my screen and some for video editing where I can add sound or pictures in the video or crop in other videos, the whole video editing mumbo jumbo and what what. Any info appreciated
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Re: video editing/screen recording freeware ect.

Post by Fluke »

Gangplank suggests Sony Vegas.
Gothic Collie
Species: Collie or African Wild Dog...

Post by Gothic Collie »

Sony Vegas isnt freeware :/

To record on screen I use Cam Studio, its open source and powerful, but there are several things you need to bare in mind, you need a very powerful computer to capture in real time at high resolution, i5 atleast, or i7 and a codec that supports hyper threading,gaming isnt really a option with it, so use fraps insead, it will watermark videos unless you purchase it.

Video editing is an entire different board game, if you can afford it get Sony Vegas,it has the best effects, and does transitions painlessly for isntance, if you want something cheaper get pinnacle studio HD Pro (and prepare to scream at your pc alot),the free ones arent that great but if your just doing little basic youtube videos look at http://alternativeto.net/software/sony-vegas-pro/ and check some of the free alternatives ,VideoLAN Movie Creator , works okay, so does Open shot, just dont expect miracles.

PS The links I posted will allso link you to alternatives you can try :)
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

thanks I'll check those out
MattedFurr
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Red Panda / Arctic Wolf Hybrid

Post by MattedFurr »

I use Sony Vegas Pro 10 for all my video editing needs and for on screen recording I use Fraps, but that will mostly come in handy when you want to record game-play. (It does work with other apps too)
Must
Hug
Tails!