head tracking and voice recognition and text reader

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

head tracking and voice recognition and text reader

Post by rusted hydra »

So first I would like some head tracking software. Specifically software that uses webcam then I dont have to buy anything extra complex. Tried looking for some but all my serch results end with "such and such £100000 head traking camera"

Then voice recognition. googled and couldnt find a freeware one. I see windows comes with one but not tooo sure it will complete the tasks I want. I could maybe rip out my old delphi coding handbook and just write a bunch of code stuff.
But I'd like to get somehing that I can program custom inputs then run specific stuff.

And a text reader. Does word still have a text reader? Havent checked anything yet on text readers.
Could just bash it into google I guess. I know its got one.

Why all this? For elite dangerous!
There is a bunch of keys I'd liked pressed in panicked situations that I cant bash insome situations. Like activating stealth more or geting out of stealth mode. I need to hit delete then look through the side consle and disable all unneeded parts. Bit tedious and hair raising when a patrol unit is coming at me with a hardon for scanning and I'd rather not be scanned when I'm smuggling stuff for obvious reasons.

Also: headtrack would allow me to acess my side concles easily by looking at them! Then I wont run the risk of mashinfg tab instead of shift and firing of my boosters when I want to ask for docking clearance and crash into the fucking station!(luckely only happened once.)

And finally being able to give one command and my ship automatically re-configuring power from engines to balanced to combat to 'oh god I made a mistake' without bashing arrow keys 29 times till desired power is obtained. And a voice saying in the backround "cruise mode" or "combat mode" or "flooding shields" etc. Ya know voice things for stuff the ingame voice doesnt cover like "lights on"