Gaming Chassis

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Dragonwolf
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon Wolf Hybrid
Region: Gauteng

Gaming Chassis

Post by Dragonwolf »

Hey there,

So my Chassis that I currently have, the Cooler Master Scout, is too small for my new Graphics card.

No don't you dare judge me! Long story short, the GTX970 specs say the graphics card is 269mm, my case is spec'ed for 270mm which should be fine. But no, the card is actually 280mm if you use a tape measure.

So! The gist of the story is, I'm looking for a new case. What would you guys recommend?

I love the idea of a handle, its just amazing.
The colour black and red is good.
The window on the side to show off the new graphics card is highly recommended.

I've been looking at the Cooler Master Scout 2 and it does seem to tick all the boxes but I'm not so much a fan of the moving part that covers the USB ports.

Ooo and if it can be found on takealot that would be sooo much better. (I'm trying to make a deal with them because they spec'ed the graphics card wrong)
"We should stop being envious of others and start being more accepting of ourselves."

Did I get that right?... The mic was off? What do you mean it was OFF!
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Re: Gaming Chassis

Post by Sev »

I would recommend reading reviews on sites like Maximum PC and Tom's hardware. A good chassis is an investment, it's boot something that should be bought workout consideration.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

There aren't many good cases around, something like the Corsair 760T looks fairly decent however.
Kangee Gold
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Raven
Region: Gauteng

Post by Kangee Gold »

I've got an AeroCool PGS Bx-500 and though it doesn't tick all your criteria, it does the fit the most important one, size. The box is HUGE. It's also black with the fans glowing red. Been using this case for the last... maybe 8 years I think. I think more. Memory is a little fuzzy on that.

For cooling it's really good too, with spaces for 10 fans and built-in connectors to attach all fans to as few as two power cables.
Quick! Somebody chew on my nipples or we're all gonna die!