want to buy Ram.

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

want to buy Ram.

Post by rusted hydra »

Anyone near joburg area with spare ddr 3 (I will check that that is the right ram type for my pc) ram chips? Preferably 2 and both either 1 or 2 gig?

Need more ram.

But think I'll just buy off rebeltech a pair. Though I know what ddr# is and what #gig is but what other values do I have to look at when buying ram?
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Re: want to buy Ram.

Post by Neon »

Buying more memory is really easy, just make sure you have enough DIMM slots (the slits where the RAM goes), also try and get memory chips that run on the same frequency (most common being 1600MHz) Generally with memory you'd want to make sure that everything is clocked as the same frequency (anything above the lowest will be automatically underclocked to the lowest speed.

That's about it really. Check what you have currently, make sure you have enough DIMM slots, and be sure you're buying the right thing (1600MHz DDR3)

For places to buy it? Kalahari? Rebeltech is a good itea. There are hundreds of South African websites to order these things

EDIT: This is assuming you don't have a laptop, I'm not too sure about those.