Omni-Directional Treadmill for Gaming!

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing
Region: Gauteng

Omni-Directional Treadmill for Gaming!

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Re: Omni-Directional Treadmill for Gaming!

Post by Obsidian »

eew excercise D:
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

I agree wholeheartedly with Obs. If I can't just use a controller to directly control my character, I'd rather use a controller to control a robotic pair of legs to control the movement of my character.
Anything's better than actually, you know, walking. -_-
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Grayhound
Species: Wolf-Keidran

Post by Grayhound »

What? Come on guys, this is awesome! I mean sure it would make Skyrim a nightmare to play (unless they could create a horse/dragon-saddle attachment?) but running around in games is an excellent idea! It'd just be interesting to see how they work in things like going prone...
True love is real, sometimes it just happens in unexpected places.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
Durosuka
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Liger

Post by Durosuka »

look its a cool idea and I'll admit I am intrigued. Hell if nothing else it would finally make gamers more fit and might get rid of the stereotype. the only problem is, most gamers are.... lazy? no that's not the right term. allergic to exercise? Yeah lets go with that :mrgreen:

I'd give it a go. it would make games like team fortress a lot more fun. just not entirely sure how it would mix some others though. Imagine playing Slenderman or God of War. I can just see the youtube fail vids
Time to change
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

Slenderman would be epic!!!

-sigh- on phone, cant watch the youtube clip, but yea, I'm just asuming this is something that lets you physically walk around in games? If so, it would be the most awesome way to exirsise ever. I know we may have a slight, ummmm, alergy to exirsise, but still, I would love running around as scout in team fortress, or running for my frikken life in amnesia, or, I dono, assasins creed... It would really change the porpous of the games, to be honest, but who cares, still fun, hehe

I should also note that this can get really boring when the novelty wares off (I think thats the right phrase), and it'll probably be expensive, so I wouldn't buy one, even if I had the money, hehe. Would be fun to play with, but owning it isnt worth it
Mew?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

A few weeks ago I played on XBox 360 using a Kinect. While there are some cool bits to movement-based gaming it also seems quite limited and not well-suited for nearly all normal games. Plus you look like an idiot while playing.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Grayhound
Species: Wolf-Keidran

Post by Grayhound »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:A few weeks ago I played on XBox 360 using a Kinect. While there are some cool bits to movement-based gaming it also seems quite limited and not well-suited for nearly all normal games. Plus you look like an idiot while playing.
Motion Capture through use of a camera recording your motion is I think a completely different realm compared to actual physical interface. I agree with you completely though; I own a Kinect and really the only thing I use it for is game voice commands.
True love is real, sometimes it just happens in unexpected places.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I think it’s a great idea and I could use some exercise.
It should provide better immersion to slower paced horror games.

I can imagine playing dead space 1 and 2 with it. (not 3 because it has a roll and cover mechanic that wont work.)
You can stomp on the treadmill to stomp in the game. 8-)
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Durosuka

Post by Durosuka »

dam. so he was involved with some shady people? that's harsh. well lets hope the other founders of the project can carry everything on their own. a 3de party publisher would completely destroy this project. Shame, the poor guy. I wonder why he would risk his life for those people
Time to change
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Durosuka wrote:dam. so he was involved with some shady people? that's harsh. well lets hope the other founders of the project can carry everything on their own. a 3de party publisher would completely destroy this project. Shame, the poor guy. I wonder why he would risk his life for those people
He wasn't involved with shady people. He was just walking across the street and they hit him with a car.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Durosuka

Post by Durosuka »

oh sorry. I miss understood the article
Time to change
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Its a conspiracy I say!
The console Illuminati arranged it to look like an accident! :(