Games to play while Multitasking

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Games to play while Multitasking

Post by Faanvolla »

I have 500 youtube videos I want to watch, but watching them while doing nothing makes me antsy.
So I play games that don't require too much attention while watching them (two monitors, vids on one, game on the other).

Rogue Legacy was my previous go-to game for this. It was perfect, but I finished it so I cant use it for this anymore.
Some other games I've used like this:
RimWorld, Cities Skylines, banished,
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI, and Kingdom: New Lands

Multiplayer games like Overwatch require too much focus to watch vids at the same time, and story heavy games like Saints Row or Metal gear solid have too much dialogue and cutscenes to work for this.

Does anyone else have good recommendations for this? I'm tired of all the ones I usually use. And it might even be a good place for people in similar situations to look, if they want.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Kievvu
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Re: Games to play while Multitasking

Post by Kievvu »

Haha I'm not very good in this regard. I normally just pull up solitaire or mahjong while going through my watch later list. I can't have any kind of game that uses the internet open unless I want a 10 minute video to take 3 hours while it strolls casually through buffer city...
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by jacojerb »

I guess you can try some conveyor type games. Infinifactory, Big Pharma or Factorio... Have only played the former two, but yeah. While it does require a lot of thinking, thinking too much about it tends to block out the solutions, in my case at least, so I also tend to multitask while playing it. Plus it's good fun
Mew?
Traden
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Leopard
Region: Other

Post by Traden »

Thomas Was Alone is a simple block puzzle game with a surprisingly philosophical story.

The Sam & Max franchise is a series of 15 point-and-click adventures with a seriously wacky sense of humor. Puzzle Agent is a point-and-click game with a unique art style and a focus on smart logic puzzles. Botanicula is a point-and-click adventure about mind-bogglingly adorable bugs.

100% Orange Juice is a Mario-Party like board game about anime characters with online play. The core mechanic, more or less, is whoever can conduct the proper rituals to earn the favor of the random number gods :P

English Country Tune is a brutally difficult logic puzzle game. If you've played platform hells or bullet hells, I would say ECT is a puzzle hell.

Human Resource Machine is a game with a wacky sense of humor that has you writing simple computer programs in a stripped-down assembly programming language.

Terraria is a sandbox game. It's like a 2D answer to Minecraft with more of a focus on combat and adventuring. It can get hectic and demand your attention, but there's also a lot of calm building and patient, careful exploring.

It's safe to stop what you're doing in each of these games (except Terraria) to pay attention to a video for a few moments - no intense combat or action to kill you when you're distracted :)
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Or something like Cookie Clicker which is very forgiving of not watching it. :)
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Cookie Clicker is cancer.