ARk survival Evolved

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

ARk survival Evolved

Post by Animew »

GENTLEMEN... whether or not you are a furry or a scaly this game is probably quite relevant to your interests.
prop.jpg
the game gets really fun once you starts hitting the higher levels and you stop dying so often. also its awesome when you and your friends start a tribe (tiz hard doing everything yerself)
also if you get tired of riding dinosaurs and stuff, head on over to scorched earth and get yer paws on dragons n stuff.
prop3.jpg
and if you prefer mammals, there are those too...
prop2.jpg
like these really freaking sewper kawaii jerboas! ^w^ you can even make them wear hats too!

so anyways, go check this shiz out and if you already play it <w< you'll probably run into me on the south african servers.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Re: ARk survival Evolved

Post by Galahad »

Look at that first picture! As if us raptors would subject ourselves to becoming mounts for humans! Hmph!

:P But in all honesty, that game caught my eye upon its release and I really do want to get around to playing. It looks magnificent! When I do buy it, I shall certainly be on the lookout for other SA furries.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

My mate and I play it, thanks to Ryall and VoxLupus suggesting it. It's as awesome as it looks.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote:It looks magnificent!
Leeward wrote:It's as awesome as it looks.
true story.

the detail in the character animations makes it look really authentic, they really did their homework with that game.
Leeward wrote:My mate and I play it
you guys on the private SA servers or the official ones? i use to play on official server24 <_< till a zerg rush of chinezis on dragons came and destroyed everything... T_T my hand reared direwolves were all murdered... so much work destroyed in a flash.
Leeward wrote:Ryall
... that infernal hyena is on there somewhere too? <w< i must hunt him down and raid his base with my army of ferocious attack jerboas.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Animew wrote:
Leeward wrote:My mate and I play it
you guys on the private SA servers or the official ones?
Leeward wrote:Ryall
... that infernal hyena is on there somewhere too?
My mate and his friends play on a private server one of them runs with a shit-ton of mods. I play solo because I enjoy grinding with vanilla settings and xp earning rate. Ryall and VoxLupus play on one of the NAG servers I think.
i use to play on official server24 <_< till a zerg rush of chinezis on dragons came and destroyed everything... T_T my hand reared direwolves were all murdered... so much work destroyed in a flash.
I know the feeling... I was busy taming a triceratops near my house when all of a sudden a T rex came out of nowhere and ate the trike, chased me down, ate my parasaur and carbonemys, wrecked my house, ate me, and proceeded to camp my former base so that I couldn't salvage anything. I guess you could say I got "rexxed".
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

the grinding on vanilla settings stops being fun when several days worth of effort gets destroyed by people while you are offline, bases can be rebuilt but when raising aminals you often have to stay awake for a few days IRL to tend to them. Owo and you develop such a close bond with your critters in this game <///< i cried real tears when my wolves were killed... so many real tears...
Leeward wrote:I guess you could say I got "rexxed".
lol, that’s why you need homies in your tribe. one can kite away a rex and the other can retrieve the gear. <w< this becomes crucial when you start wearing ascended gear... you don wana lose dat shyt.
OwO my wolfies could eat even alpha rexes for breakfast tho, once you start line breeding them you can make some pretty hax critters.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Dude I meant solo as in locally hosted, so that there are no douchebag players to wreck your progress, only douchebag dinos. XD And the "server" is only up when the game is running, so you don't have to worry about going offline.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

lol, but the douchebag players are half the fun <w< you can capture them and force feed them their own poop. Can’t really do that to your mate or your buds… well, you could but that would just be mean lol.