Dishonored 2

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Dishonored 2

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Who here plays and loves Dishonored 2? I loved the first one and the second one seems to have improved on pretty much everything. It's also won PC Gamer's Game of the Year 2016!

Although the one part of Dishonored 2 that does not come close to Dishonored.... ending music. It's not bad exactly but it's not Honor For All.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Re: Dishonored 2

Post by Trace »

I for one loved the first Dishonored, and would absolutely get the second one if I thought that I might be able to run it on my PC.
It's pretty awesome that it got PC Gamer's GOTY, I'd call that pretty prestigious myself.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Xanduin
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog
Region: Gauteng

Post by Xanduin »

I think i liked the rats in Dishonored 1 too much. they are not in 2
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Not entirely true. If you are Corvo then I believe you can still summon a swarm of rats.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Dishonoured 1 left a bad taste in ny mouth. The ads all showed this amazing graphics. And granted. The towns did look amazing. But the people looked like they had all been driven over by a bus, and then patched together again. I don't know if bathesda just halfassed the characters or what. But I expected more...
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I have yet to play Dishonored 2, but I loved Dishonored 1.
Mew?
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Dishonored I felt was OK.
The moment and combat was very good and allows you to be creative.
Its setting was also quite interesting to explore.

It could have learned from “Thief 1 + 2” and and “Deus ex 1” when it comes to map design. (or perhaps I just prefer it.)
The Maps could be bigger and more alive.
There also needs to be more enemy types.

I have not played 2 yet.
I will wait for its price too drop.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I might as well just put it here. There is another Dishonored game, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. It's sort of stand alone but it really should just be an expansion of Dishonored 2 because it's really short. You get to play as Billie Lurk though!

Anyway, I finished the game over the Easter weekend and put a short review up on Steam.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... ded/614570
Xanduin wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:22 pmI think i liked the rats in Dishonored 1 too much. they are not in 2
In Death of the Outsider, you can talk the rats. :)
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~