Polygod

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Hargan
Species: Foxeh
Region: Gauteng

Polygod

Post by Hargan »

So, funny story. I got this game for free from the developer. Since then, I've personally chatted with them and had them answer queries on forums and such like. They really are one of the good guys, and really should be supported.

Right, enough plugging the developer :P

What do I think of the game?

The game is still in early development and is growing quite well into a fantastic rogue-lite fps game. While the graphics take a bit to get used to at first, they are pretty colourful and help keep most enemies identifiable, save for the trap-like enemies of course.

The game is meant for fast-paced gaming, but I even enjoy it at a slow pace. Each run is of course completely different due to rogue-lite elements.

How it works:
You have a gun. You shoot enemies in each god's realm. You then face a champion of said god (boss battle) and move on. Each kill nets you one soul with can be used to by blessings from Gaia (perks), and newly introduced, death will give you blessings for killing the champions. So if you've played anything like wizard's lizard, binding of Isaac or so on and so forth, think that with 3d elements.

Each stage is unique to its own theme and style of combat, with enemies following suit. The game is a challenge to "Git Gud", but after a bit, you soon fall into the pattern of your favourite styles and methods of play.

Personally, for me, and I've only played around 13 hours of it, I've quite enjoyed my time with it once I passed that beginner's hurdle. It's certainly worth at least a watch in this developmental stage, to see how much further this game develops. But if you're interested, I definitely feel it's worth a good few hours even this far into the game's construction.

And finally: I haven't played multiplayer, so I can't comment on that yet.
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Polygod

Post by Leeward »

I'm not usually one for roguelikes but with multiplayer it sounds like I might manage lol. I'll check it out, thanks.
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Post by Hargan »

To explain further for multiplayer: At the moment it is only pvp multiplayer, pve/co-op will be coming later
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

This looks really good

I'm a huge fan of roguelikes, and have been looking for a good roguelite fps. There are a few around, but none seem all that great, and due to finances, I haven't really wanted to spend money on them... R109 is a lot
Mew?