Bioshock Remaster

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Jay Fuzz
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Vulpes vulpes
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Bioshock Remaster

Post by Jay Fuzz »

Now, before you read the juicy bits, I need to say something. I've not played much of the original Bioshock or Bioshock 2. Now that that's out of the way, let's begin.

THEY CALL THIS A REMASTER? THIS IS AWFUL! They claim to make the graphics better, they mostly succeeded, but made it WORSE in some places! They removed the little bubble and particle effects in the water! The weapon sounds aren't working.. THE WEAPON SOUNDS!!!! There are no advanced-graphics options, and you have to play in the resolution that they want!

WHO WAS IN CHARGE OF THIS CRAP! They should be waterboarded! (Not really)

Please, tell me of any other appalling issues with "remaster". :x
Literally Nothing.. :D
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: Bioshock Remaster

Post by Adagio »

Huh... I would like to see this...

I have played both 1 and 2! They were AMAZING!!
My favorite game of ALL TIME!!

Though... Bioshock 2, I bought, and it came without a Serial Key... I never was able to resolve that...

But anyway... How'd you get it?
Jay Fuzz

Post by Jay Fuzz »

If you have the original 1 and 2 on Steam, you get the remasters for free, so at least I still have the originals. :D

They said that they're working on fixes, but it should've been good when it released. :oops:

Sorry, it sucks that Bioshock 2 came without a serial key. I've only ever suffered through receiving a used key.. Funnily enough, it was with Bioshock Infinite :lol:

I also failed to mention how there's mouse smoothing & acceleration, which cannot be disabled. :(
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

The exact same thing happened with Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition, except Vigil/THQ went bank so they never got around to fixing all the glitches. Luckily, Nordic, the dev team of which consists mostly of former Vigil employees, bought the rights to the franchise and is apparently going to continue it. There are rumours of a Darksiders III being in the works (much excite!).

Anyway my point is in Bioshock's case that is not a problem since 2K is still alive and well, so they may yet get around to patching it up.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I loved Bioshock 2.

The multiplayer was actually really fun. Dono why people didn't like it...

Well, the servers were always dead. Dead servers tend to stay dead...
Mew?
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I have learned always to exercise caution when considering whether or not to buy a remastered version of a game, even if it is from a good series or franchise. Bioshock Remastered is a case-in-point, as is the remastered or HD re-release of MDK 2 - the latter had nifty-looking textures and a higher resolution, but little else to offer in the way of improvement over the original.

That all being said, I also believe that graphics do not solely determine the quality of a game. In other words - how a game looks is important, and a game that looks cool may feel cool to play. But with Bioshock I found the story and gameplay far more gripping, and stronger pros than the graphics - even of the original. ;) Hence, if you bought only the remastered version (and only played the original versions, rather than having spent money on them), you still got your money's worth. Had you bought both the original and the remastered... Well, then I think you might learn the same lesson I did. :P
Jay Fuzz

Post by Jay Fuzz »

That is definitely true. Graphics don't make a game, style, game play, and story do, definitely. But. it's not just graphics that are wrong in this remaster. I'm just glad I got it for free! :D I would play the originals, but I've already downloaded the remaster, so I'll just wait till the patch is released. :lol: