Not sure where this belongs, though

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Kirtaro
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion x Sabretooth hybrid
Region: Gauteng

Not sure where this belongs, though

Post by Kirtaro »

Its called a visual novel game. a genre that i only recently discovered. i quite enjoyed it. as i was thinking about creating this post i got stuck on the subject of where it belongs. clearly its more literary than gameplay focused but all sources thus far have classed them as games. so i guess it belongs here. Anyway.... have any of you played this genre of game?

if so did you enjoy it?
if you've played more than one do you have a favorite?

i know there are a rare few furry based ones, that are pretty decent. would you like to see more of these games with a furry focus?
They will fear the wild
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Not sure where this belongs, though

Post by Leeward »

The furry one you're thinking of is probably Major/Minor. It's on Steam. :)

If you like retro games, one that I absolutely adored is Loom. It combines a visual story inspired by Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake (which is the soundtrack) with some fairly elaborate puzzles and a unique gameplay that has no weapons but instead a musical instrument that doubles as a magic staff. It's available on Steam, GoG, and a variety of oldies websites. I managed to get it for free off Abandonia while it was still under the old Lucasfilm licence that had expired.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

Yes I play Major//Minor
The game's developer even added me as a friend on Steam lol..
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I really recommend Higurashi: when they cry. No choices or anything, so it is linear, but it is sooo good. I loved it
Mew?
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I don't really like dating sims but I managed to finish one story ark of Morenatsu.
It was OK, but like I said it’s not my type of game.

I went for the young wolf Shun.
Never felt so conflicted about who I was pursuing.
On the one hand I want to strangle the oversensitive drama queen.
Other times he is so dam cute I could eat him.
(They suffer from "extreme anime personality" disorder)

I also tried the demo of Amorous.
It’s just sleazy.
Each interaction is just setup to the next yiff scene.
Morenatsu you at least get to know a furry.
Kirtaro
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion x Sabretooth hybrid

Post by Kirtaro »

Leeward wrote:The furry one you're thinking of is probably Major/Minor. It's on Steam. :)

If you like retro games, one that I absolutely adored is Loom. It combines a visual story inspired by Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake (which is the soundtrack) with some fairly elaborate puzzles and a unique gameplay that has no weapons but instead a musical instrument that doubles as a magic staff. It's available on Steam, GoG, and a variety of oldies websites. I managed to get it for free off Abandonia while it was still under the old Lucasfilm licence that had expired.
Not really. i have major/minor. but I purchased it because of the previous visual novel i played. major/minor is good, the writing is a bit strange and repetitive at times, it reads like someone tried to use google translate on some of the conversations, but the constant plot twists really keep me on my feet. i flip flopped on my decisions and the people i sided with many times after gaining new information.
They will fear the wild