MTG anyone?

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Koda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wusky
Region: Gauteng

MTG anyone?

Post by Koda »

Sooo, I was wondering, anyone still into MTG?
Me and my guy is really into it now, especially with the new block, SOI is awesome (FREGGN WEREWOLVES MAN!)

Maybe we can have a discussion here on cards, decks, ideas and strategies?
*Jumps from out of the tall grass* Hug attaAAAAAAAAAck!!!!!*and then falls flat on his face*
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Re: MTG anyone?

Post by Tocs »

Oh my word how did I miss this post? Well I'm still into it for sure :D. Perhaps try downloading the free game on steam for magic, I believe it is called Magic Duels
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I am completely unfamiliar with the game, but I would quite enjoy learning. :) That is, if you are fine with a novice joining.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

If you're interested then definitely download Magic Duels. They explain the game really nicely and you can have a chance to build the deck yourself using some cards. Otherwise if you are more interested in playing irl, you can buy boosterpacks and some introduction decks at BT Games, they also have more powerful decks (for more money) like event and duel decks. If you reeeeealy get into it then there are many events that happen around Joburg, such as Friday Night Magic, and also pre releases at outerlimits (This is basically a nerd store). Outer limits is generally the place to go for magic enthusiasts though
And das not good
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Tocs wrote:Oh my word how did I miss this post? Well I'm still into it for sure :D. Perhaps try downloading the free game on steam for magic, I believe it is called Magic Duels
Tried it, didn't care for it much. Limited card selection (certainly in the beginning). Would've been nice to use cards you already have. Also it was painfully slow. x.x
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Still very much a beginner with MTG but do enjoy it.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Koda
Species: Wusky

Post by Koda »

Its real fun. Especially with the current block (Shadows over innestrad) with all the werewolves. The spoilers for eldritch moon is out now as well. looks absolutely amazing (You can check them out here : http://mythicspoiler.com/)

So what kind of decks are you guys running at the moment? (modern or standard) @tocs and Asbjorn

@Stargazing you should really try it. Its awesome. Playing on the PC is ok-ish, but you only get a real feel for the game when you play with the actual cards at a FNM (Friday night magic) or another event, or even just playing over a kitchen table with friends. Its great strategy, and gets people talking about all kinds of weird ideas and fantasy stuffs. Even led to a few philosophical conversations between me and a random crowd.
*Jumps from out of the tall grass* Hug attaAAAAAAAAAck!!!!!*and then falls flat on his face*
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

At the moment In modern I have a blue/green deck mainly focused on +1/+1 counters as well as a mono blue merfolk deck and a blue/white flicker deck. I'm working on a mono green elf deck and a green/white/black abzan deck. I don't have standard because it's too expensive to keep up with it haha.
And das not good
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tried it, didn't care for it much. Limited card selection (certainly in the beginning). Would've been nice to use cards you already have. Also it was painfully slow. x.x
*points and laughs* DUDE! u even mtg?
seriously tho wtf game were you playing? limited card selection!? <_< u know NUTTAHNG!

O_o how the heck do u know of outerlimits tocs? u form durbs ain'tcha?
the leonins and kitsune are pretty cool furry related cards, i started playing just for the card art.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...