Orcs Must Die! Unchained

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Hargan
Species: Foxeh
Region: Gauteng

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Post by Hargan »

So... this is a pretty difficult post for me to throw up due to social anxieties, but...

I really wanna play this game. I loved the first two games. But my social anxieties are interfering with me joining public games and such. So, my query is, if there are people who can deal with this sorta thing, and are looking to play/ learn/ teach a new person how to "get good", I'd love to learn.

Or at least tell me a way to set up bot matches so I can play as just myself vs bots who won't interfere with my anxieties :P
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Post by jacojerb »

I had a look at it, it doesn't look at all like the first two. I might give it a try later, but not any time soon
Mew?
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Post by Hargan »

Robot Entertainment wrote: BIG UPDATES COMING TO OMDU
19 SEPTEMBER - HARMONIABOT

You may have noticed that we’ve been a little quiet lately. If you’ve been with us long enough, you know that being quiet usually means we’re thinking really, really, hard about something. In this case, we’ve been thinking really hard – and even arguing some – about a few big decisions to make for the game.

COMMUNITY FEEDBACK AND OMDU
We’ve always seen community feedback as an important part of our development process. We read practically every Steam review, forum post, Facebook comment, support email, and Twitter reply out there.

When we look at the big picture from players alongside the server data, a clear picture starts to emerge– Survival is by far the most popular element of OMDU. With this portrait of the current game becoming clearer, we’ve been faced with some difficult discussions.

SIEGE HAS MISSED THE MARK
Despite tremendous efforts, Siege PvP mode just hasn’t worked out. As we’ve gone through various iterations on the game mode, we've ultimately seen only a small portion of our players actively playing Siege. More importantly, people who play Siege matches are less likely to continue playing the game at all after their match. This has been the case since the beginning of Open Beta, when matchmaking queues were shorter and games were more frequent. As some of the most passionate fans of Siege mode, it’s been difficult for us at Robot to come to terms with this feedback and data. Ultimately, the Siege game mode has a small hardcore group of players, but it isn’t building a healthy long-term community around itself.

As the game has grown, Siege and Survival modes have competed with one another more and more for development resources. The need to balance the traps, heroes, and gear for both of these game modes and develop each in consideration with the other is holding both modes back.

OMD IS SURVIVAL
The most common piece of community feedback we get is that the game still needs to feel more like OMD and OMD2. We’ve always agreed with that feedback. Adding Survival and Endless modes to OMDU was a big step in that direction, and we can make them much, much better. The vast majority of our beta players came looking for that classic Orcs Must Die! feeling, and we can and will deliver it.

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
Siege mode is being removed from Orcs Must Die! Unchained as of the next update . We believe that competitive gameplay still has a future in Orcs Must Die!, but we’ve decided that Siege mode is just not the right fit for that. Competitive gameplay could return to OMDU, and if it does, it won’t be in the form of Siege.

Our focus will now turn entirely toward making Survival feel, look, sound, and play more like a clear evolution of OMD and OMD2. We’re doubling down on Survival mode to bring back the kick-ass OMD gameplay you love.

AN ACCOUNT RESET IS COMING
We will be doing an account reset with the next update of OMDU . The shift in the game has required changes to many of the existing systems and inventory simply won’t slide over into the new systems. All social connections – guilds, friend lists, friend referrals and their rewards – will remain intact, but any progress or content you earned through play will be reset so that all players can experience the new game equally.

Any gold that was purchased and then spent in the game will be put back into your account, and ALL players will get an additional $5 worth of gold if they login within the first two weeks of the new update.

YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
This week will be all about answering your questions. On Tuesday September 20th at 3:00pm CT, tune into Insider Access on OrcsMustDie.tv. We’ll have a live Q&A session with Robot Entertainment CEO Patrick Hudson and Orcs Must Die Executive Producer Chris Rippy. On Thursday September 22nd, we’ll also have an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Design Director Ian Fischer over at /r/OrcsMustDie. We hope to see you there.
This sounds amazingly promising. I must say, the shift to PVE makes me want to play this so much now
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power