The morrowwind journal

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

The morrowwind journal

Post by rusted hydra »

Welll... there is a bit of a story for before I started playing morrowind tonight(or yesterday... I am up late on sunday...) but it is quite depressing...
So after some fiddling with settings and my controller I sat down to play tes3:morrowind.

Entry:1
I enjoyed the intro, a little faster and less faff than what I went through in oblivion and skyrim, mostly because of how limited the character customisation was >x<
But so the adventures of Ebbon the wiggly thief began and I left the town in search of adventure! Buuuut not before stealing some stuff and selling them back to the trader and picking up a silver sword cause "might have to fight a ghost or something"
I decided I'd head in the direction of the main quest, following signs and such to the town I needed to visit. Till suddenly! My first enemy appeared! A leech... of some sort... killed it pretty fast. So I went on untill I spotted a burial chamber
"Oh there has to be some good loot in there" and walked in to find a dead guy with gold and some very expensive fancy pants on. I took them cause even though they had 0 armor, 0 better than my current pants, they looked better and was reason enough. Then I took a turn round the corner to find a ghost! "Ha! I forsaw that I would need this silver sword" and I proceeded to gut the damnation out that ghost. Exilent.... why didnt we get silver weapons in skyrim? Okay we did but they didnt have much interesting uses...
Went down the corridor I went untill I ran into a skeleton. "Another count to my glorious reign of- OH GOD ITS KILLING ME!"
I was fucking slaughtered. That skeleton 360noscopeheadshotmlgpro me with his bow. I tried several times to beat him but that bow man... was like he was carrying a ballista.
So I decide not to bother with that and turned round to venture down a different corridor... untill I got mauled by some demon thing and headshot by another skeleton.

Suffice to say my first dungeon run didnt go well...
So I took my new fancy pants and got the hell out of there.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: The morrowwind journal

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Like...

Morrowwind was much better than Oblivion but kinda hard to play now cause of the graphics and game limitations. Still, if you get past that it was awesome. And it's possible to get insanely overpowered. I was the ultimate khajit assassin!
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Region: Gauteng

Post by rusted hydra »

Oh yes something weird happens when I try hit targets that are really close to me >....> but graphics wise its not too much of a bother. I play a bunch of older games and 'jaw dropping, glistening, full hair, motion blurr, max ray tracing, shit' is not appealing to me... okay I lie, Elite dangerous is fucking amazing on graphics alone...

Entry:2
So I ran from the dungeon and out to follow the road I was on, picking flowers and shrooms as I went untill I spotted a creature, I decided I'd try redeem myself and kill it, grabbing my bow and popping an arrow in to it and another as it approached. Then I flailed my sword at it for a while and glory glory victorie! I slayed the monster, then immediately felt bad because I now got a better look at the thing and saw it was a derpy lil dino...
So after ripping my arrow out it's body I went on, On to the town.

I found the town and wondered in and immediately tried asking round for the person I was looking for but no one had the option of his name or anything, So I just wondered into the nearby shop and sold some items, then went to the weapon shop and bought a SILVER AXE! Yea! and I sold my fancy pants for a long skirt. Then I went into the little for that was part of the town to snoop round incase my quest target was inside.
Sadly no result... but I did get some steel bows, a katana, arrows and armor.
So after practicing speech craft with the resident ork smith (though she would more call it harassment) I decided to leg it with my stolen stuff and go to another town and out side when I looked at a road sign I realized I was at the wrong town all this time >x<
Oh well so I ventured off to the right town this time... hopefully...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well I played it on a laptop that was not built for gaming. I got an average of about 20 fps and I always knew when an enemy saw me because going into combat would cause the game to freeze for a few seconds. Still, I loved it!
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well this seems to have stopped. :( Anyway I remembered there was an old Morrowing pic of mine from way back and the associated caption.

Morrowind has become boringly easy. I can pretty much kill anyone in one shot without being detected, so it's only really bad luck when I die. Still it's kind of fun to use items, max out my sneak skill, give myself 80 chameleon and then go behind someone and hit them with Black Hands Dagger. Even if they survive the critical strike it drains 10-25 hp/s. That lets me enjoy watching them shouting and running around before they just drop down. I've also got a complete set of glass armour (minus the boots, which I can't wear. Actually I do have some somewhere. No one can afford to buy stuff so I've hoarded items in three spots), although nearly all of it is stolen. :p I'm also Master Thief in the Thieves Guild, Grandmaster of House Hlaalu, Master of the Fighter's Guild, Grandmaster of the Morag Tong, Knight of Imperial Dragon of the Imperial Legion, Hortator of all three houses and recognised as Nervarine by three Ashlander tribes.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~