Tabletop simulator

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Tabletop simulator

Post by jacojerb »

Does anyone else own this game?

I really enjoy card games and stuff, and rarely get to play it when visiting people. I recently bought this game... And I love it so much

I play online with random people often, but, due to having to connect to people in Europe or America, the ping isn't great. This isn't much more than an annoyance, because it is just card and board games, but it'd still be nice to play with local people

I recently found a bunch of munchkin cards and stuff... Really enjoying that too. And there's really so many card/board games to play. And it's really great. Tabletop Simulator only gives the platform to play it. The players still regulate the rules of gameplay. It just feels so much better than the game telling you what exactly is happening.

It's also worth mentioning that most people online are polite and respect the rules of the games. I've played more than 10 hours now (which I know might not be the largest amount of time) and there hasn't been a single asshole who is just there to ruin it for everyone else. Really not what I expected. In something that doesn't have rules, people are still somehow civil. I guess trolls get bored of trolling faster than players get bored of playing
Mew?
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Re: Tabletop simulator

Post by Faanvolla »

I've watched 7 hours+ of Totalbuiscuit &Co play secret hitler on this and it looks incredibly fun.
There seems to be a large amount of mods that add different games to it so you could technically play almost anything on it, I assume (legal issues might arise if someone mods in a card game the creators don't want people to just play for "free", but idk enough about the law of this to know for sure)
Def gonna get it one day, for now it's in my wish list.

Steam link to it:
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

There have been legal issues, yes. A lot of the games have been removed from both the workshop and even the nexus. Luckally, the game has a handy feature that you can save assets that other people use, and use them yourself at a later stage

Munchkin isn't allowed on the workshop or nexus, but it's one of the most played games on tabletop simulator. Before I installed the game, I looked everywhere for it. Eventually found a single deck somewhere... Then I started playing, and soon someone gave me everything Munchkin related in game

And yeah. So many games available for it...
Mew?
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Post by Neon »

I own it.
I have been waiting ages for someone to play this with again. Wiggins bought it recently too, but he hasn't gotten around to playing it yet.
JJ, poke me! Weekdays I'm probably loaded with work, but weekends we can play.

Damn, and I thought that game would just gather dust on my library. I'm totally keen to play soon!
Novard
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Western Dragon

Post by Novard »

I also own it. But I don't get much chance to learn and play the games.
Telegram: @Novard | Furaffinity | Twitter | Weasyl
Vox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Red deer

Post by Vox »

i also have it
Gothic Collie
Species: Collie or African Wild Dog...

Post by Gothic Collie »

I would love to join in!!

It looks like something that would be fun to live stream too!!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Definitely! Wanted to suggest it, but it seems few people own it...
Mew?