SALE!!!!!1

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: SALE!!!!!1

Post by Leeward »

Whether or not they break the forum width depends on the resolution of the screen it's being viewed on and the zoom level / font size.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

Exactly, YMMV. The forum is long overdue a maximum image width / image resizer.

I'm not knowledgeable in HTML - but would this be any help: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2114962 ?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Fluke wrote:Exactly, YMMV. The forum is long overdue a maximum image width / image resizer.

I'm not knowledgeable in HTML - but would this be any help: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2114962 ?
It would. That will fix the problem and I would be happier with it that way. I've added that code to the forum (it's the "image" option when you have a post in full edit mode). However, I don't have access to the root files for the forum so it will take a bit longer for the old image tag to be removed. I'm also not sure what that will do to previous posts. I'm guessing they will just display text linking to the image but that shouldn't be too disruptive.

PS: You can see the effect on the previous page where I edited the posts to use the new code.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: It would. That will fix the problem and I would be happier with it that way. I've added that code to the forum (it's the "image" option when you have a post in full edit mode). However, I don't have access to the root files for the forum so it will take a bit longer for the old image tag to be removed. I'm also not sure what that will do to previous posts. I'm guessing they will just display text linking to the image but that shouldn't be too disruptive.

PS: You can see the effect on the previous page where I edited the posts to use the new code.
Oh awesome, nice job.

Maybe (if possible) make it so that both [image] and [img] do that? That way old posts using [img] will be changed?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

There do seem to be suggestions for that on the thread but they require editing the forum files, which I can't do. I think Valerion is able to access them though so we'll have to wait for him.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Fluke wrote:
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Maybe (if possible) make it so that both [image] and [img] do that? That way old posts using [img] will be changed?
I don't think that's such a good idea. Some images (like those in the photography threads) are meant to be large.

Having both [image] and [img] gives us a choice as to whether we want to post a picture in a resized form or not, and I think more options are almost always better.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

It's fine. I just tested with another large image. The forum display is shrunk but clicking on the image will open it in full size. It will keep the images to a manageable display size and if there are ones that you want at full resolution they will also be available.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

"Resizing" in HTML isn't literal resizing, it's in-situ scaling that doesn't affect the file itself.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Contrast wrote:
Fluke wrote:
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
I don't think that's such a good idea. Some images (like those in the photography threads) are meant to be large.

Having both [image] and [img] gives us a choice as to whether we want to post a picture in a resized form or not, and I think more options are almost always better.
Middle-click / open in a new tab to view fullscreen. It's what every other forum does.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak

Post by Faanvolla »

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/prom ... b8479987c2

Farcry sale on humble bundle
Personal favorite of the bunch is blooddragon
Over the top, and only about 8 hours
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Dasc-Crescent
Species: Wolf

Post by Dasc-Crescent »

Look and Listen Hillfox is having a 75% off sale until the 16th

I got a Skylanders starter pack for 3DS with 3 statues for R125 altogether,
There is still a bunch of stuff left over, not many games left besides Skylanders though.

Definitely worth a look if you are in Randburg.
If the world's at large, why should I remain
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is currently 50% off. Although please note that if you buy it via the official website it costs 27.50 EUR (491.93 ZAR at current exchange rate), but if you buy it via Steam it costs 294.50 ZAR.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Meh, I wouldn't play that game if I were paid to.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Sev wrote:Meh, I wouldn't play that game if I were paid to.
Don't complain that would be better than free.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

My time doesn't cost nothing. Since MMO's are basically a second job, I would expect to be appropriately compensated.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I hav always wanted to maybe buy it, but I'm broke... even in pounds...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I just bought two copies for my mate and myself. Going to download it overnight.
Sev wrote:My time doesn't cost nothing. Since MMO's are basically a second job, I would expect to be appropriately compensated.
That's exactly why I am completely boggled by people who pay to progress faster in a game. Casual and mobile games are particularly guilty of this. You get hours of play time for free, but you want to pay to play it less? I don't get it... but then again I have a lot more patience than most and actually enjoy grinding.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Quite a few of those games have "energy points" or some equivalent which prevents the user from playing it further during the cool down.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak

Post by Faanvolla »

Leeward wrote:That's exactly why I am completely boggled by people who pay to progress faster in a game.
You mean like level boosters, like Level 100 Character Boost in WoW or level 25 boost in Destiny ?
(Not a debate point or argument, just wanna make sure I understand correctly)
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Yep, that's exactly what I mean.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I would think that level boosts and the like are primarily aimed at players who already have a few max level characters, and want to be able to get straight to the end game content with any new characters they create. The other case that I can see is when a new player wants to immediately start playing with friends who only have high level characters.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Yeah that makes sense, but stuff like buying access to levels in Candy Crush is absolutely ridiculous in my mind.
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by jacojerb »

I kinda feel trolled... Opened my email, and saw this:
emal.png
emal.png (5.83 KiB) Viewed 3977 times

Didn't read the word "pinball", at first. Just the rest... Didn't even know there was a guardians of the galaxy game, so got pretty excited...

Then I opened it humble bundle...
bundl.png
Dammit. Who buys pinball skins?

In related news, there is currently 2 humble bundles going on, Humble Indie Bundle 16, and Humble Star Wars Bundle 2... Great games, for cheap. Support charity... That kinda stuff

And pinball skins... Yay...
Mew?
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

The Zen pin ball games aren't half bad.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Steam is currently having a massive sale on Square Enix games. If you haven't got Life is Strange yet, now's the perfect time to acquire it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Leeward wrote:Steam is currently having a massive sale on Square Enix games. If you haven't got Life is Strange yet, now's the perfect time to acquire it.
I got it in a Square bundle then gave it away to another fur. I haven't bought more off the Square store because they kept having payment issues.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak

Post by Faanvolla »

http://chrono.gg, site that sells one game every 24 hours at discount
Right now is Warhammer - The End Times: Vermintide, at 40% off for US$18
ProfilePic by hanimetion
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

3 days left on a pretty awesome Humble Bundle... The main reasons I'm pointing it out is because Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is on it, and I'd love to do a black knight server with a bunch of furs...

Just $1. It's not much... Then you get Chivalry, and Brothers: a tale of two sons (Which is really a work of art. So worth a play) and some RTS I don't care about

Also, if you pay a bit more, more games! Including GRAV... Which is really fun. I played it at a few lans before... But, yeah. Would be nice to have a furry server, maybe. And Tropico 5. And more games I don't really know but look pretty fun

Also, they have another bundle running, humble telltale games bundle. On it is Sam and Max... If you don't know the series, give it a try. Max is one of the main reasons I'm a bunny (Or, part bunny)
Mew?
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Post by Hargan »

Limbo is free for a limited time on steam.

A fun little platformer puzzler, quite enjoyed it. But since it's free, you're not losing anything :P
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power