World of Warships open beta

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

World of Warships open beta

Post by rusted hydra »

http://worldofwarships.eu

Hey! I forgot to "fanboy" about world of warships! Its now in open beta and anyone is free to play!
Wooooo!

But really I love this game so much, mainly cause of how much higher the overall quality is compared to world of tanks, it feels like more love has gone into this game than tanks or warplanes.
But of course ships are a whole different class compared to tanks. And I wont faff about talking about those differences. I want to talk about some lil aspects about world of warships that I love.

Number 1: the report and compliment system, like many games players can just click on another player and send a report for whatever, bad mouthing in chat, un-sportsman like behaviours, and with enough ticks the staff will inspect and possibly hand a ban fro the player.
But the warships develoupers decided to add a compliment system as well, right click on player and say they've either been helpful in chat or their an exxilent player, dont know what this counts to.... but the result will most definitely be players not just behaving in fear for being punished, but also behaving for the possibility of getting those compliment points, for whatever they're going to get used for...
Tis a "facebook-like" baiting system like thingy
cause nothing helps mindless people do good like a hollow pointless number increasing

And now to further up this into a big fuckoff wall of text
I'll talk about what really brings the game to life!
And that is the sound!
See the announcer that reports kills and damage and such isnt just one voiceover, its several people(or just one dude good at making voices) that helps the feel of being the admiral surrounded by officers on one big ship
And now to the guns.
The guns!
Fuck yea lets talk about the sound of the guns. I was cruising in my battleship the Arkansas.
A main battery of twelve 305 mm (12-inch) guns in 6 turrets.
When it fires 1,2,*bam!*3,4,*bam!*5,6,*bam!*7,8,*bam!*9,10,*bam!*11,12*bam!*
...then a second of silence as the sound returns of other thing like the music and grolw of engines.

They really put fading of sounds to good use to highlight the power of the cannons.

And its not just the firing end, on the receiving end its much MUCH worse!

A howl of a full salvo flying at you, all hit, wrecking your ship as it blasts off a turret and tears into your citadels, the bridge blown too. All you hear is a monstrous roar of explosions before sudenly going "deaf". Slowly the sound comes back and you start to hear your officer yelling over the comms reports damage and the goaning of metal.

It really hammers in the sting, your ships just had half of it blown to shit. Oh whenever that happens I just want to curl and give up.
But you cant! Ya still got half a ship that can still fight!
Gotta fight through that stinging and get those last guns firing. This isnt a tank!
One turret blown off "'tis but a scratch." I can still fight
1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12*BAM!*
KinkInZA
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Liger

Re: World of Warships open beta

Post by KinkInZA »

The background video on the main page looks really good though will take a look at it @ some point will bookmark the site for now.
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Re: World of Warships open beta

Post by Fluke »

WoT is unrealistic, and I'd bet this is too. I have heard a lot of complaints about it.

War Thunder is slightly better at least :)

I want navel in WT rather.