Who actually likes playing online???

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Who actually likes playing online???

Post by YoteFox »

Online multiplayers are nice and all only thing that completely destroys that niceness are the type of people you get online. Douchebag competitive bastards. The reason I stopped playing DOTA2 online, people annoy me and kick me for playing n00b even though I am past the n00b tactics.

Call of Duty, why I stopped playing. Everyone is fucking rank 80 prestige 10 and playing against these lifeless bastards is near to impossible.

I get nervous when I'm playing online, guess I don't play enough actually. GTA 5 I just mess around in the online free roam because I don't want to be the cause of a Job or Heist going wrong for someone.

I prefer single player offline games with no statistics to show me how much I suck at a game. Adventure games are the best Skyrim, Two Worlds, Sly Cooper, Medieval Resurrection games like that.

Maybe I'm just weird. I don't get time to play any games let alone fucking online games.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Who actually likes playing online???

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Try Awesomenauts. It's less competitive and a lot more fun that Dota in my opinion.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
SnowDragon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by SnowDragon »

I don't get much time to play online however I used to enjoy a few good rounds of COD (Back when I had an xbox live thingy) and still enjoy a few hours of Guild Wars every here and there.

Prestige in COD comes fairly quickly, even if you don't play alot. Also never really found that to be a measure of skill - Unlocking the guns/attachments you want doesn't take too long. Prestige is just a measure of how much you want your guns to all be gold, or something :D
Daylight dancer, Moonlit wonder;
Manifest upon the very gates of eden..
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:Try Awesomenauts. It's less competitive and a lot more fun that Dota in my opinion.
I'll be sure to youtube that, sounds interesting. Dare I say Awesome...
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

SnowDragon wrote:I don't get much time to play online however I used to enjoy a few good rounds of COD (Back when I had an xbox live thingy) and still enjoy a few hours of Guild Wars every here and there.

Prestige in COD comes fairly quickly, even if you don't play alot. Also never really found that to be a measure of skill - Unlocking the guns/attachments you want doesn't take too long. Prestige is just a measure of how much you want your guns to all be gold, or something :D
This is a thing from high school for me really. Everybody was always too competitive and if you weren't good they would go around telling everyone you suck and all that (Being an insecure teenager at that stage that really troubled me).
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

I dislike people in general. I game to relax, and people make gaming stressful, which is why I don't want people interfering with my me-time.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Gaming is starting to fade out of my ideals of what to do when time is to waste. It is being replaced by hours upon hours of youtube videos since I seem to enjoy that more than gaming.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

YoteFox wrote:Gaming is starting to fade out of my ideals of what to do when time is to waste. It is being replaced by hours upon hours of youtube videos since I seem to enjoy that more than gaming.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
KinkInZA
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

Ok Play lots of online games and people can be weird so to make it more fun
there is one important rule....... never play alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you cant Skype or team-speak with at least 2 people you're playing with, then don't play.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially the MOBA games.
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:
YoteFox wrote:Gaming is starting to fade out of my ideals of what to do when time is to waste. It is being replaced by hours upon hours of youtube videos since I seem to enjoy that more than gaming.
How both? As in dual monitor setup?
Fluke wrote:Image
What in the actual fuck? LOL
KinkInZA wrote:Ok Play lots of online games and people can be weird so to make it more fun
there is one important rule....... never play alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you cant Skype or team-speak with at least 2 people you're playing with, then don't play.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially the MOBA games.
Problem is most of the time my buddies can't play
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

Here's a general rule of thumb for online gaming. If you're planing to have a game session to relax and chill out, don't play competitive online, just don’t. Playing with mates is a different story, but as KinkInZA said, playing alone can suck, it really can.

I remember a few years back when I regularly played Black Ops for 2 hours every second day or so. I kept on lying to myself, saying that I was having fun and enjoying it, but in reality it was the complete opposite. Every session ended with a rage quit and a hackusation. I'm glad I've left that all behind.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I like cooperative games. Been playing a lot of Payday 2.

If I do play versus games, I just don't take it too seriously. When people call me a noob, I'm like "LoL, yeah, I'm a noob". Gets the best reactions
Mew?
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

There are plenty of casual online players playing online games out there. If you don't want to compete, then there are many game for you, as the others have mentioned: especially if you look in the RPG and MMORPG genres.

Also, for some games, your skill can be easily improved with a few tips. Don't be shy to read some player guides and videos: they can be a lot quicker than finding out the hard way. Sometimes all you need is a little perseverance and the will to learn, to get a lot better at the game.
Hahaha! :lol:
Neon

Post by Neon »

jacojerb wrote: When people call me a noob, I'm like "LoL, yeah, I'm a noob". Gets the best reactions
Nah, nah bro. If you want the BEST reactions, tell them, "Damn, I paid for these hacks and they still dont help. I need a refund. You guys are all n00bs."

That starts a mocking war right there. Bonus points if you impersonate an 8 year old.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I also by far prefer single-player campaigns such as The Elder Scrolls and Half-Life series to multiplayer games. Even so, I still enjoy playing TF2 because it's just so silly that being good doesn't really matter, it's all in good fun. I also sometimes play WoW, but I usually just solo random stuff.
KinkInZA
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

so tell me who is up for puzzle pirates its one of the best mmo's out there for casual gaming
haven't played it in a while now , wonder if my logon still works ???
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

I love doing both, don't make me choose!!!

Single player RPG my true love i can never forsake you for any price :cry:

And No RTS don't give me those looks you have changed D:! You wish for me to follow the meta and forsake my independence and to choose reaction speeds over methodology.

I enjoy multiplayer games for the competitiveness of it, playing with friends or not. I don't know how people can care about the opinions of random strangers so much and chances are if your are not playing in the top 100 skill bracket of a game you wont see them ever again. If you do use it to your advantage. Back when I was more keen on the Dota scene we always used to get matched against a player named Entertain. My buddy if he was available or just me would initiate plan make Entertain hate his teammates (5 man ganks and lane camping) and bam 4v5 by 5 minute mark :D.

Matchmaking is normally pretty good in the games I play, chances are if you are not very good then you are going to have bad teammates and useless enemies. These strangers calling you noob is just them choosing to blame you and not themselves.

Ultimately though the opinions of people you meet in online gaming are less important than the game you are playing, and considering no one here games professionally (as far as I know, and even if you do its as pointless as any sport ;P) calling even the game important is also a bit of a stretch.

It should only matter to the player how good you are because you are playing games for fun. If you suck you can try to improve and if you can't then no one cares, my friends are terrible at Dota2 but I will choose to play with them over any of these "serious" clans.
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
SnowDragon

Post by SnowDragon »

That's actually a good point. Online games become un-fun if you not with an active guild/clan and lead to rage quits (an hour to do a ~20min dungeon, as an example).. However if you with a group of friends/clanmates/guildies on TS then it is way more fun:)
Daylight dancer, Moonlit wonder;
Manifest upon the very gates of eden..
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

As I play BF competitively, I guess that I am one of these "lifeless bastard". If you want to survive online, here's a tip: play only with friends. I never play without my clanmates - it's just too painful.
ManicWuff
Species: Fox or wolf

Post by ManicWuff »

It all depends on the mood I'm in. Some days I'll just want to mess around by myself, doing something action packed and epic inducing (like Grim Dawn or Titan Quest). Other days I'll want to roam the country side, embracing a fictional character and living myself into that world (Skyrim, for example). Then there are the days were I want to be competitive, refine my skill and be masochistic (Dota 2).

I like playing online when it's relevant to the game at hand. Games such as Diablo 3 irk me simply for the fact one always has to be online, despite playing alone...

Other than that, it's not an ultimatum. You can prefer playing online or offline, competitively or casually... We're all just here to have fun and we do that through gaming.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

I played Halo 3 against a bunch of Koreans before. Don't do that...
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Inpw wrote:I played Halo 3 against a bunch of Koreans before. Don't do that...
I think you mean "-insert game here- against a bunch of Koreans."

They are CRAZY good...
Neon

Post by Neon »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:I think you mean "-insert game here- against a bunch of Koreans."

They are CRAZY good...

I was going to make a statement about South Korea's national sport being StarCraft, but to my great disappointment that is nothing more then internet folklore :(

But folklore has to start somewhere, right?
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Yea..., I find that generally the world wide gaming community sucks fucking balls. Either people are really shit at the game and winge all the time or they take it way too seriously like "BORDERLANDS IS MY LIFE!!!"
My brother would be the only person I even trusted to pull into a boss fight in Bloodborne and even then I never ask. Just play solo man.
[REDACTED]
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

I enjoy playing online. Its just connection issues that fuck me.
I'd very much like to play online elite:dangerous but know it wont go well with the connections so stuck playing solo
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I find playing against people more engaging than playing against bots. Really, that's all there is to it.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Alexander wrote:I find playing against people more engaging than playing against bots. Really, that's all there is to it.
Oh yea. If you're shooting the shit out of people, then definitely online.
I just don't actually like people enough to actually play something that requires cooperation with another player.
I gave that up after playing wow
[REDACTED]
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I actually mostly like co-op games. It makes me feel useful :P
Mew?
Neon

Post by Neon »

Helios_phi wrote:
Alexander wrote:I find playing against people more engaging than playing against bots. Really, that's all there is to it.
Oh yea. If you're shooting the shit out of people, then definitely online.
I just don't actually like people enough to actually play something that requires cooperation with another player.
I gave that up after playing wow
Payday 2 being a prime example. Apart from the hackers (still), many kids find it hilarious to cooperate with you on a stealth heist (which you invested into) and to later be stupid and throw a grenade during a critical moment or something. Basically they build you up and screw you over right at the end of the ride.