Red Alert 1 - Free to play

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Re: Red Alert 1 - Free to play

Post by Sev »

Getting it to run properly is probably another matter entirely.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I'm just so used to wanting to play old games and not being able to do so, due to incompatibility issues.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I should still have the actual CDs for Red Alert. Two CDs! One per side. And I think sometimes you had to switch CDs to keep playing. Really weird.

Side note: Command and Conquer (the first one) was the first game I got for Playstation.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

If you have funky colors, disable Windows Aero before launching the game.

An easy way I used to do this was place a shortcut to the game in a dock like Rocket Dock, and then ctrl+shift+esc -> end process on explorer.exe and click the game's shortcut in the dock.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I should still have the actual CDs for Red Alert. Two CDs! One per side. And I think sometimes you had to switch CDs to keep playing. Really weird.

Side note: Command and Conquer (the first one) was the first game I got for Playstation.
I still have my CNC95 -> CNC3 discs. As well as the overall collection of all the games... so I guess I own every CNC game (bar CNC4) twice :P

Nod came on one disc, and GDI on the other.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Fluke wrote:Nod came on one disc, and GDI on the other.
Go Nod! Those laser towers are awesome. Perhaps even cooler than the Tesla towers in Red Alert.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~