Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Post by Sev »

I'm not holding thumbs. If it has an excellent PC version, with dedicated servers and LAN support (we can dream), I will buy it in a heartbeat - after all, there is no way that I am buying Hardline. If not, there's always next year's model.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

Not gonna quote all of M7 and Ryall's posts.
So, I'd say that there are at very least 2 types of shooters; those based more on strategy and the other being reflexes.

Extreme examples of this would be:
Stragety: ArmA
Reflexes: Quake

BF leans towards the more slower paced strategy aspect in most of its game-modes. Whereas CoD leans towards reflexes while not having to think much about strategy.

Looking at the past CoDs, especially Ghosts, they would have to change a fair amount for me to be interested in buying this game.

I will not be pre-ordering it, I have no trust in the franchise.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

CS is 30% planning, 70% execution.
BF4 is 50% planning, 50% execution.
CoD is 30% planning, 70% execution.

That is not to say that CS and CoD are equivalent; both planning and execution in CS require far more precision.

One thing that I do fault CS about is the fact that it can be incredibly campy. At least CoD seems to give the attacker and the defender a more even playing field.
CourteousCastellan
Region: Gauteng

Post by CourteousCastellan »

This one looks too frantic and Quake-like for me. It does seem like they're making quite a few changes though, which is refreshing. The tsunami thing looks pretty cool.
Revan Wolf
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Wolf

Post by Revan Wolf »

It looks cool but it seems they got most of their Ideas from Titanfall. I'll be sticking to that as my shooter of choice ^_^
Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, fur to fire.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Except that there are no local servers for TF, but there should be local servers for this. Titanfall is dead in SA.
Dredge
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Rabbit

Post by Dredge »

Man this was a tough thread to read >_<

So much hate

So much flamez

Can't we just love each other here while we take out our frustrations on each other in the field using an assortment of name, accusation, vote-kick-trolling and tag-bagging? :(

For pseudo-mindless (me, anyway :P ), instant satisfaction, I've always preferred CoD
For longer gaming sessions where I feel like screwing around more with different roles and long for EPIC moments and a whole wack of coordination with friends, I go Battlefield :)

^^Of course, that's all from the perspective of pub-games, not competitive ;)

REGARDLESS.

This MIGHT be the First CoD since Black Ops that I will buy without reluctance! Although I really hope it ends up a bit more balanced and optimized :P

I love the addition of nanosuit-esque/propulsion functions, should add some INSANELY dynamic (and possibly frustrating!) action and revive the fun, for me :)

EDIT: Just to add, BF2142 had perks and weapon customization before it was cool, just on a more streamlined/basic level 8-)
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Holy salamander-shit this game looks sexy:

That was cool, right? 8-)
Sure as hell beats any Michael Bay movie I've seen. :P
Hahaha! :lol:
Dredge

Post by Dredge »

Dem graphics were definitely impressive and there's definitely a much needed improvement on the audio-side of things

And those abilities look AWESOME but really hope the whole package is fairly well polished and balanced (actually been play-tested) BEFORE its arrival on PC..-_-

Battlefield Hard is now a distant second to this on my list of games to buy ;)
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Dredge wrote:Dem graphics were definitely impressive and there's definitely a much needed improvement on the audio-side of things

And those abilities look AWESOME but really hope the whole package is fairly well polished and balanced (actually been play-tested) BEFORE its arrival on PC..-_-

Battlefield Hard is now a distant second to this on my list of games to buy ;)
Prerendered videos are meaningless
Dredge

Post by Dredge »

^^which is why I haven't preordered
However the genuine footage I've seen has still looked like a decent enough step up from previous gen

/luckily graphics ain't everything

Also, as has been the case with recent battlefield games, staged gameplay in MP vids never represents the actual experience >_<
So I'm going to wait a bit after release to see what's what, Ryall will probably post a nice 'TL;DR' thread on it, so I'll wait for that :P
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Actually yeah, this thread is a complete mess: I wouldn't mind deleting it and starting over.
Hahaha! :lol:
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Since Ryall wants to make another thread that stays more closely to the topic in question, I'm going to lock this one.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~