A Wizard's Lizard

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
VoxLupus
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: FuzzDragon
Region: Western Cape

Re: A Wizard's Lizard

Post by VoxLupus »

Obsidian wrote:It seems I need to cash in on a new market,

Poster boys with disproportionate Faces! I'll be rich in no time based on your guys preferences
Look, it is marked improvement compared to the original image that it seems almost normal in comparison. It is clear the artist was just trying to remain true to the character and did a pretty good job of making it look not quite so hideous at the same time.

Just looking at the face though, it does seem he has some sort of condition :?
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

The solution is simple: scroll down until you can no longer see the face.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Post by Ryall »

But then is it really Jazz Jackrabbit? Because that's not Jazz's normal body.

Ugh, the green is so off putting. :\
I know Leeward says you can change the colours, but that green is clearly the colour the artists intended that semi-vegetable (in more ways than one) to be.

For the record, my childhood of platforming was spent playing as a character called Bubsy:
That was an awesome game.

Of course though...
Tails is still the best. I mean that kid is an ace pilot (need I continue?) builds mecha, a giant lazer (which blows up a moon), and a kickass jet! And he enjoys leisurely flights in his turboprop plane (which also turns into a jet). :P

Proof that Tails is awesome. :)
Go on, admit it, Tails is awesome. :D

Don't you just want to cuddle him when he cries? :(
Hahaha! :lol:
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

My first videogame, Crash Bandicoot. Though I definitely wouldn't call him "cute". Tails definitely wins this competition. Fidget is cute, but a bit too... Animal, I guess. Would be a cute pet to have, but as a person (furson?), not quite.
Mew?
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

Oh we talking of cute things? Well there are a few things I could list
but I have something unconventional. The vk2801 light tank, or as I call it the chubby cheetah.
shot_300.jpg
and an animation made by RanZar

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfm9-7SaD_U[/youtube] (nope. No idea how to work this)

I absolutely love it. the fat light tank :3
I've bullied some people badly with it, just fast enough to catch those other lights and RAM THEM HARD :P
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Post by Hargan »

So, getting onto a review of this game, since many people ask how it is.

After playing 20+ hours, I think I can have a good say about this.

The game atmosphere is cute, bright, and almost cheerful, quite a distance from most darker games I've been playing lately. The game itself is quite fun, with a system of buying blueprints to get items in the town's store, and rescuing villagersto increase starting cash.

But, unless you are a die hard player, don't buy this game.

I struggled with Binding of Isaac for hours upon hours, but always felt like I was getting somewhere. Even when I got to the point of "This is my final run", I beat mom for the first time. Woo hoo. But this game... In order to unlock a new area so you can begin there, you need to defeat a mini boss in that area 3 times. Okay, not too bad. Except... And I'm going to say this outright: If you get damaged, from the sewers onwards, don't expect health. Ever. No, seriously, ever. 20+ hours, I had 1 health drop in the sewers. 1. An apple, of +5 health. Since you start with 50, and most enemies attacks deal 10 damage... do the math.

So, why not play another character? I hear you ask. All the characters can only be unlocked in the crypts. One even doesn't always have the first key to unlock him spawn all the time. I just... No. I'm through fighting this game, I'm through dealing with the frustration. Final answer: Stay away from it, unless you are a hardcore fan of those ruthless games. After getting 99% of the achievements in BOI (cause the last one won't register properly), I've decided that this game is not fun for me. And with it not being fun, I won't waste anymore time with it.

Edit:

I forgot the lag. Too many things on screen? Game lags terribnly, to the point that you will end up getting badly damaged. You really will. How often does this happen? About 1/3 of the last level of each areas rooms. Including bosses sometimes. Especially second area boss
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Post by Hargan »

So... I need to bite the bullet and redact my comment for now:

A new patch has been released, which has fixed so many issues I had with it, so I'm having fun with the game again. Will report if it is fully improved or not the more I play.
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power