HAWKEN

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Gauteng

HAWKEN

Post by Obsidian »

Its F2P, easy to pick up(I had 8 hours on my brother and he got a higher score then i did in his first match) and easy to play with friends

The games focus is basically running around in your mech of varying types and blowing the crap out of whoever comes into view (don't believe the game modes killing each other is 90% of any objective ;D)

I find it pretty fun and intense so come and join in on the joy of mindless destruction ;)
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/hawken
http://www.playhawken.com/
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Re: HAWKEN

Post by rusted hydra »

What's the F2P economy system like? Whats the 'Pay to win' situation?(is it world of tanks economy where you can only pay to progress a lil faster or is it warframe where you can get anything and win by just throwing your wallet at them?)
Sheldon
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Springhare
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sheldon »

More the former, Everything can be gotten without paying any cash, just takes longer and using cash unlocks items a bit earlier. The only thing you have to pay real money for is cosmetics. I found it pretty balanced even playing against people who used money, most of the items are xp locked so it keeps things fair, should actually get the updates and play again
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

Ah then I shall give it a look some time. Maybe.
Sunny Fox
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Silver Fox

Post by Sunny Fox »

thanks fur the suggestion Obsidian ^^, will check it out indubitably
Yes it is true ^^, i was passed through this odd configuration of a human and for many years have pondered..believed that i am a therion, but i lurk in this furry fandom for it is a good way to stay close to my fox corporeal *giggles* so my "sojourn" is an aeon ^,..,^

Furaffinity
Furrbook
Steam
Dota2
Skype Ask me ^^,
Whatsapp: ask me ^^,
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

Ironically, visited a friend yesterday and he showed me hawken. First time I saw it, a day before I saw this... I love irony

Anyways, it looks quite fun. Though, as soon as Titanfall comes out...
Mew?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

jacojerb wrote:Ironically, visited a friend yesterday and he showed me hawken. First time I saw it, a day before I saw this... I love irony
I hate to be a stickler but that's not irony, that's coincidence. Just like pretty much all of this is mostly misfortune, not irony. That very fact however is ironic, considering the title. Maybe that's what she was going for. :lol: