Toribash

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Toribash

Post by jacojerb »

Anybody playing toribash... just about the only game I can play online. Would love to challenge you guys. Maybe have a tournament?
Mew?
Grayhound
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolf-Keidran

Re: Toribash

Post by Grayhound »

I had a look at it, downloaded it, somehow beat that demo guy after 3 tries, and am now left looking like this.

True love is real, sometimes it just happens in unexpected places.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

urr... Ya. Forgot that its not really a popular game... Well, anyway, its kinda like a turn based fighting game. You need to kill the other guy by manipulating limbs, like extending elbow, bend knees, rotate chest etc. If you're new to this, this is one game where I recommend the tutorial.
Mew?
Grayhound
Species: Wolf-Keidran

Post by Grayhound »

I've played through the tutorial....but I'm left now almost randomly trying out things on the body to see if something looks like it'll work. The tutorial kinda taught one or two moves, but it seemed more a case of 'your character is now halfway through a backflip, now rip the opponents head off by doing this' without telling me how to do the backflip in the first place :(
True love is real, sometimes it just happens in unexpected places.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

To be honest, I never played the tutorial. Thought it might help, guess not. well, just lots of trail and error now, sorry. also, its good to know the shortcut keys (not sure if its said in the tutorial, but made things much easier for my trailing and errors), like pressing C to make all your limbs stiff, or V to make you grab things with your hands. The C is really helpful for not falling instantly.
Mew?
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

I love Toribash, and I've made some great moves, but during single player I view it more like a "movie-maker" than anything else, since you're able to control both characters and edit the replays until you get your move just right.
One of my favourites is a 10 meter high vertical jump from a standstill followed by a knee decap from above.
I also have have a 2 turn legsnap kick and an 18 frame punch decap.
The nice thing about Toribash is that there really is no right or wrong way to play it, and there is an infinite number of moves to master.
I'm just waiting for somebody out there to replicate Oppan Gangnam Style. :P
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
VoxLupus
Species: FuzzDragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by VoxLupus »

I Used to play this game a lot. First bought it in 2006 (you used to have to pay for the game).

I was ranked in the top 100 for the time I was actively paying it and I was a leading member of a high profile clan called SMASH.

I had a lot of fun playing that game and I got really into creating mods for a while. I used some pretty cool rendering software to make some awesome images and used them as my background for a while. I did eventually move on from that game though and became inactive for a few years and I only started playing it again 2 or 3 months ago, although it has been a few weeks since.

I once won a European tournament, the prize being a Logitech G5 gaming mouse, one of the best on the market at the time. It was my first real gaming mouse and I used it for about 5 years until it eventually wore out. :( The mouse was worth more than what I paid for the game so I suppose it was worth it :lol:

My dad didn't believe me when I told him I won a prize in an online tournament and he didn't expect it to actually arrive. He was pretty surprised (even though it went to the wrong address at first and arrived 3 months late.

So yeah, I know the game :D
Sucks that I lost my old account though. I had a whole lot of skins that I was given for purchasing the game :cry:
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

The ultimate question: were you actually able to walk? I can do kicks, flips, smashes and alsorts. But ask me to walk... Not good
Mew?
VoxLupus
Species: FuzzDragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by VoxLupus »

Haha. Yes, walking is indeed tricky.

I could do somewhat of a walk although it looks very awkward (torso hunched over and arms tucked in close).
You have to make good use of joint relaxation in the legs and having shorter time intervals helps.