Guild Wars 2

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Guild Wars 2

Post by Ryall »

So, I just bought the game online today. It is busy downloading and installing, and will probably only be done to tomorrow, but as soon as it is, I am going to rock this game hard (it looks amazing, and I happen to be going on holiday this week). VoxLupus is getting the game later this week. I must say it's been a while since I have played any sort of MMORPG (Vox on the other hand has never played one), and this one looks amazing! I will be very interested to see how it fares against World of Warcraft.

It's only just been released but so far I have only been hearing good things about it!

So, is anyone else looking at getting this game?

Also, if you are, what race and profession are you looking at choosing?

I will probably at this stage roll a human Necromancer (NOT EVEN deATH WIll SaVE YOu frOM Me! :twisted: ), at least as my first character, but I will definitely look at making some Charr characters later.
Hahaha! :lol:
Xanduin
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by Xanduin »

Nice I also ordered it today from takealot.
Where did you get yours and how much was the digital copy?

My friends and guild members are mostly going crazy about it saying its way better than WOW and swtor. Still have to see.

What will be your ingame nick?
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

I got it today ^^, im going for guardian class first(miss playing supportive roles)
and then an engineer

Dunno when i'll get chance to play it though :<
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Durosuka
Species: Liger

Post by Durosuka »

I started playing today. lotsa issues.
for 1, the servers seem over burdened. there is epic lag going on and its not related to internet connections. E-mail validation service is dead as well as the Black Lion trading

new motto: never play an MMO the first 2 weeks it launches :mrgreen:
Time to change
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Is the update really 5 GB big?
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

It's more like 3GB but yes, it is.

Also, so far, I am finding WoW to be winning this fight, but at this stage it would be unfair to say, given the game is new and is not well established like WOW, and that I have relatively no clue what is going on.

My name is Crowlawd. I'm a human necromancer.
Xanduin
Species: Dog

Post by Xanduin »

I was able to start playing but why is everyone on different servers?
Guild and me on Desolation, other friends and Blacktide and some of you on Aurora.

Unfortunately this game sucks that you can only play on one server at one time. And you have to pay for migration to other server.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Indeed.

The more I play the game though, and the better I understand it, the more I find myself enjoying it.

Also, the first few levels are quite boring, but later on things start getting quite fun...
Havok
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Snow Cheetah

Post by Havok »

I got the game a while back, playing on Aurora glade because I heard a lot of South Africans were playing it.

PM me if you want to add me and we can do some dungeons and whatever together guys.
Huzah! The awesomeness has been Octupled!
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

A friend of mine has relapsed and gone back to Grinding Simulator 300 (AKA WoW), so he is going to let me use his account and lend me his copy of GW2. So I shall start playing it today. My character shall be named Sardaukar.
Koda
Species: Wusky

Post by Koda »

Ok we all have to admit, now that most errors are knoked out of the game, its pretty sweet. I basically love everything what they done with it!!! its awesome. how complexed they made the gold- gem exchange rate, the way the game opperates to be extremekly personal, and also its stunnig way of keeping the player locked and entertained, without making the player get bored by the same thing over and over, i mean yea there is allot of same sort missions, but it never feels asif the satisfaction goes away. in my opinion, this is a great game! love it! hehehe... I started this message bwith only the ambition to say its a good game, lol not write a freakn review.... lol ... oh well. :P
*Jumps from out of the tall grass* Hug attaAAAAAAAAAck!!!!!*and then falls flat on his face*
Koda
Species: Wusky

Post by Koda »

So, does anyone still play? like ever?
*Jumps from out of the tall grass* Hug attaAAAAAAAAAck!!!!!*and then falls flat on his face*
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

Trying to find a free overlapping hour between medical students and engineering students is very hard :P, so only during the holidays when me and my friends are free
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Sunny Fox
Species: Silver Fox

Post by Sunny Fox »

been jamming it a lot lately x3 pretty much everyday when i dont have work or whatever :3
Yes it is true ^^, i was passed through this odd configuration of a human and for many years have pondered..believed that i am a therion, but i lurk in this furry fandom for it is a good way to stay close to my fox corporeal *giggles* so my "sojourn" is an aeon ^,..,^

Furaffinity
Furrbook
Steam
Dota2
Skype Ask me ^^,
Whatsapp: ask me ^^,