What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Valerion »

To steal the music thread with a similar name, what games are you playing right now?

I am finishing off the last DLC for Dragon Age. And I go to SL every now and again on weekends.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Re: What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Fluke »

Starcraft 2; FIFA 11
Luke
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Carpathian Shepherd
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Luke »

world of goo! what?! no uh uh NO dont judge me!! lol im stuck at work
SOMETIMES HUMAN, ALWAYS WOLF *\|/*
Luke

Post by Luke »

ITS A MANLY GAME DAMNIT
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I enjoyed World of Goo. It was a funny game. On a different note please don't double-post.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Double posting is bad
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Very bad
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

Currently I am busy with The Witcher, after a lot of prodding from a friend of mine to get the game. Very interesting take they have on morality in the game. Very few of your choices are clear-cut good/evil, more a "lesser of two evils" choice. And yes, they impact the rest of the storyline.

There's a definite over-abundance of naked females, and a distinct lack of an equivalent amount naked males. Was clearly not aimed at the purely gay audience. Then again, Poland is a conservative country, so I guess that has a lot to do with it as well.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

I split off the piracy part into its own thread.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Actually I've now moved that away as well as posts were people say they were doing illegal activities. If you want to discuss whether piracy is alright or not then go ahead but please don't go about admitting to things that could cause problems for you or the forum.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Damn you Rakuen! That took me so long to write! Grrrr.
Oh well,
I play Starcraft II :) Eagerly awaiting Diablo III
Hahaha! :lol:
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Ryall wrote:Damn you Rakuen! That took me so long to write! Grrrr.
Sorry bout that. I did see you made a huge post just before I took everything away. It's not deleted though, just safely locked away in the admin area, so if someone does decide to discuss piracy without saying they do it then I'll happily repost the relevant parts of your post.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Lol okay, thanks :P
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Typing on ZAfur?
Duh
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Pffft, you're like... bronze league at typing on ZAfur. GG WP NO RE n00b.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Ryall wrote:Pffft, you're like... bronze league at typing on ZAfur. GG WP NO RE n00b.
Yeah but I'm masters in OCN which is an active forum
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Everyone knows OCN is full of n00bs. It's like saying "I'm bronze in Korea but Diamond in America." herp i derp derp. ZAfur is #1 Hard forum!

ZOMG I totally rolled you durdurdur hur hur durdurdur.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Ryall wrote:Everyone knows OCN is full of n00bs. It's like saying "I'm bronze in Korea but Diamond in America." herp i derp derp. ZAfur is #1 Hard forum!

ZOMG I totally rolled you durdurdur hur hur durdurdur.
sure what ever you say :)

take the users of ZAfur and x1000+ you get the users of OCN :D

EDIT: couldn't put anything appropriate here so here is some kittens:

Tigris Astartes
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Snow leopard/Siberian Tiger

Post by Tigris Astartes »

I am playing World of Warcraft.

P.S. Just finished Dead Space 2... it is sooo... amazing.. really lost for words.
Snow Leopard + Siberian Tiger

Find my Furaffinity here.

Telegram:
Image @TigrisAstartes
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I have played Dead Space and got to chapter 7 in Dead Space 2.
I do like Dead Space 2,
it is a nice cure for Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is way more scary than Dead Space BUT i got frustrated buy the fact that you cant really fight back (because the character you play as is a weak coward).
And ALL objectives are puzzle fetch quests.

I was so glad to play as a space engineer with a cutter pistol after having to run around in Amnesia.

A really nice horror is Condemned "1" (not 2, I heard it was crap and I never played it)
Luke

Post by Luke »

I nearly sh** myself in amnesia

holy moley its scary, talk about screaming and cowering in a corner <--that was me :oops:
what got me about that game was that it just messed with your brain. I have played every scary game but none ever got to me, well that was, untill... AMNESIA!!!!!
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Splicer-Fox wrote:I have played Dead Space and got to chapter 7 in Dead Space 2.
I do like Dead Space 2,
it is a nice cure for Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is way more scary than Dead Space BUT i got frustrated buy the fact that you cant really fight back (because the character you play as is a weak coward).
And ALL objectives are puzzle fetch quests.

I was so glad to play as a space engineer with a cutter pistol after having to run around in Amnesia.

A really nice horror is Condemned "1" (not 2, I heard it was crap and I never played it)
Condemned 2 is pwnsauce :U
and I loved the idea in Dead Space where in some parts you just had to man up and run guns-blazing into a full on battle with macabre-like foul beasts and try to blast them to pieces or be eaten where you stand :D
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Tigris Astartes wrote:I am playing World of Warcraft.

P.S. Just finished Dead Space 2... it is sooo... amazing.. really lost for words.
Haha, wow again? Is there a local server up? Cataclysm at all?
anoyomouse
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

Ryall wrote:
Tigris Astartes wrote:I am playing World of Warcraft.

Haha, wow again? Is there a local server up? Cataclysm at all?
Please, legal or bust, i hate bugs, and those are the worst ... >.<
and no discussing illegal things again! >.<

BTW, playing Wow Cata on US ... Silvermoon realm :P
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Wolfskunk
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Wolf/Skunk Hybrid
Region: Western Cape

Post by Wolfskunk »

I'm with the mouse on this and not just because of the legality.

A legit WoW server is really humming with people, latency doesn't make any real difference. There are almost NO bugs, it's constantly updated and you have a proper living economy because of the volume of people. In addition to that you become a member of a, generally, great community.

I know a lot of people have problems with paying monthly, but it's R120 a month for a ton of hours, it's hard to find entertainment with that much value.

Horde on Kul'Tiras EU
Alliance on Lightbringer EU
>>A furry not bothered by conflict or opposing views<<
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Ryall please refrain from discussing illegal activities in this forum as it is against the TOS
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Fine, I will refrain from mentioning the illegit stuff again, but before I do may I add that there are some really good ones out there: bug free and decent population.

But there are 2 problems for me with official ; make that 3.

1. I dislike PVE and dungeons and grinding in wow and all that: for me, it is all about hardcore PVP. It's easy to outsmart a bunch of zeros and ones, but a human opponent? Well, that's something different entirely. I love massacring enemy players in the open world, arena and battlegrounds - the thrill of the hunt, a hard-fought duel and the chaos of mass combat. Last WOTLK server I played on my main had 24 000 honor kills, full wrathful gear and me and my 2v2 partner were first on Arena. Now on official, yes you can gear up nicely and dominate some noobs but if you want to get serious about competitive PVP, you can't afford that international LATENCY.

2. I don't have my own income - I'm a student. So for me to ask say, my Dad, to sponsor something like WoW doesn't seem all that fair - I don't need it.

3. There's too many strings attached with official WoW: it's a big investment of time and money, that's difficult to walk away from.
Wolfskunk
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Wolf/Skunk Hybrid
Region: Western Cape

Post by Wolfskunk »

Ryall wrote: LATENCY.
I promise you it's not nearly as bad as you think, I know a few guys from PH(saffer only guild) that did exceptionally well at arena PVP.

Still I get the other reasons and WoW does tend to be hard to walk away from, hell you never really get away from WoW. I promise you though population makes a big difference to almost every aspect of the game.

Also not sure how you get cash, but time cards are available so you don't need to do it online.
>>A furry not bothered by conflict or opposing views<<
anoyomouse
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

500 ms to the US servers, up to about 600 or 700 is i'm doing stuff (on a crappy shaped 1024 mbps DSL line)
and even less when on 3G and very little data usage ...

if you find a good server and some good friends you'd prolly find some people to help you pay for the game because they'll help pay for your drugs

if you're solely into PvP, there are PvP servers, and the complete twinks with the gear to match ... but personlly i don't do PvP, i much much prefer PvE

also, if you do decide to do battlegrounds, it's a linked place across all servers, so it's generally chaos, which is awesome for PvP apparently

And go mow a lawn, do some tutorialling at your varsity, teach someone how to use a PC .. R120 a month is really not a lot of money if you tried to get it .. hell, sell a naked pic of you online once a month, it's all good ;)

Though, i must say, if you have grind, then avoid it, cause daymn, it's a grind ... non-blizzard servers let you skip the grind by giving huge XP, but you miss out on 90% of the content, and well, that's the reason i play ;)
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

anoyomouse wrote:500 ms to the US servers, up to about 600 or 700 is i'm doing stuff (on a crappy shaped 1024 mbps DSL line)
and even less when on 3G and very little data usage ...
I haven't played WOW, although I have seen it a bit, but that sounds pretty much unplayable. I imagine it's a lot faster but on Counter Strike and DOTA that sort of delay makes playing extremely difficult if not impossible.

Since we talking about WOW I will say that it sounds like a total rip off. If they want you to pay a subscription to play then I think the game and upgrades should be free. It seems ridiculous to make people pay for the game and then pay every time they want to play it.

Maybe it's okay to pay a subscription for an online game like that (They do need money to keep servers and support up) but another problem (aside from the obvious useless game when they stop supporting it) is that they should probably pay per hour. It might be R120 a month but you might have a busy month and only get to play one or two hours. Why should someone who only plays an hour or two on the weekend pay R1200 for the same amount of gaming that someone else only plays R120 for?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~