What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I bought Counter Strike: Global Offensive. My skills are so rusty though.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Galahad wrote:I suppose it is a preventative measure by the developers, because otherwise players could simply lift a valuable item (that is not theirs) and carry it out of sight, then drop it and take it.
There's a workaround for that in Fallout, you place a bucket or basket over the shopkeepers head, drag the item out of sight, and then steal it. :lol:
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

Leeward wrote:There's a workaround for that in Fallout, you place a bucket or basket over the shopkeepers head, drag the item out of sight, and then steal it. :lol:
Genius! I will be back soon. I am going to see if that works in real life... :P
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Those damn dread zombies are so OP when they first show up! I remember dancing around them, backpedalling in circles, just hacking away for 10 minutes at a stretch before finally bringing them down. >.<
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Jay Fuzz
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Vulpes vulpes
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Jay Fuzz »

I'm playing Oblivion because of how addicted I am to Skyrim. Oblivion (And Skyrim, too) truly is amazing, and I'm getting ESO: Gold Edition on Friday! Back to Tamriel. :D
It also helps that I'm in love with Cyrodiil, and the Imperial City, and the Empire. My character is known to me and my friends as "Lara, the Imperialistic Khajiit." :lol:
Literally Nothing.. :D
Brisby
Species: Zebra

Post by Brisby »

Private the Penguin: [landing in Antarctica] Well. This sucks.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Contrast wrote:Those damn dread zombies are so OP when they first show up! I remember dancing around them, backpedalling in circles, just hacking away for 10 minutes at a stretch before finally bringing them down. >.<
:lol: That is true.

I have only one word, though: Wraiths.
They literally appear out of nowhere.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

If you want to talk about enemies that appear out of nowhere... WISPS!! Invisible floaty ass amorphous energy sucking little bastards!! >.<
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Jay Fuzz

Post by Jay Fuzz »

Now I got ESO. I've got lots of games I need to play.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I tried it but lost interest pretty quickly because of the ridiculous loading times.
My mate and I did marry our ESO characters to each other though so there's that.
SilverFox12578
Species: Grey Fox

Post by SilverFox12578 »

Ooo. I dug up one of my old (yet insanely fun) games!
OVERLORD 2 :D :lol:
-Be Crazy
-Be Weird
-Be Awesome
-Be Yourself :)

Telegram: @Silverfox12578. YouTube: SilverFox. Deviantart: Silverfox12578.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT
Mew?
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Super hot was the most innovative shooter I've played in years.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Heroes of might and magic 5

For once, while replying to this thread. I'm actually actively playing. Need to wait forever for me turn, even though I'm playing against bots
Mew?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Heyo! I was given CS:GO as a gift last week! Was wondering who would want to play some time?
Adagio_Leopard
(or maybe aadgio_leopard... I'm on the group regardless...)
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

As someone who has played Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy XII and enjoyed both, I was looking forward to getting Final Fantasy XV. Unfortunately, however, I do not currently have a PS4. So, instead, a friend and I purchased it together to play on his console.

My impression of it thus far? The characters are likeable (them and their interactions are easily the strongest aspect of the game), the gameplay is satisfying (though they have broken from the traditional turn-based combat, but I was not too disappointed given that they incorporated many new and refreshing gameplay elements into it), but the plot is a little... lackluster. Not bad, but mediocre in comparison to IX.

One can definitely see the developers had a modern, younger audience in mind - it becomes quickly apparent in the gameplay. For example, one of the characters, Prompto, can take photographs of scenes, including (and consisting primarily of) selfies.

My favourite character has got to be Ignis. He reminds me so much of myself (though perhaps he has me beaten in the "ridiculously good looking Japanese protagonist" department ;)).

Overall? I find it enjoyable and it was well worth the purchase. I feel it squandered some potential in the plot, but not so much as to make it a disappointment.

If you want to see a terrible waste of potential in the Final Fantasy series, try XIII... x_x
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I am revisiting this post-apocalyptic RPG gem. It ranks right up there with Skyrim and The Witcher in terms of high-quality RPGs.

Also, two words: Dunwich Building. For a non-horror game, that location gave me the creeps.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I preferred New Vegas to Fallout 3. New Vegas had more variety in approaches whereas Fallout 3 seemed very much combat focussed.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Jay Fuzz

Post by Jay Fuzz »

I just got Battlefield 3 and 1. They're both pretty cool. I just bought Star Wars Battlefront 2, cause I had it on PS2, and LOVED it. I started playing Watch Dogs 2, and I love it, and I recently got Elder Scrolls 3, and am enjoying it. I'm thinking of getting Fallout 4, but I don't know, it IS on special though..
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I preferred New Vegas to Fallout 3. New Vegas had more variety in approaches whereas Fallout 3 seemed very much combat focussed.
*Spits out tea*
Guards, seize the heathen and erect the pyre! This blasphemy shall not be tolerated!

;) I kid. I agree with you in that there was more game play variety. However, the world of Fallout 3 was far more interesting in my opinion - and a little less buggy. Still, I think New Vegas receives far too much criticism from Fallout fans. I quite liked it, especially the vaults it had.
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Post by Hargan »

I'm totally just typing this up for bragging rights :P

I just defeated the newest boss in Binding of Isaac: Rebirth: Afterbirth + (Man, so many titles), as Lilith whilst only taking one hit from it. While the world proclaims: "unfair", I git gud :P

I'm in so much love with this as the final boss over everything else. This boss is fun to fight *glares at Hush and Ultra Greed*
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Hargan wrote:I'm totally just typing this up for bragging rights :P

I just defeated the newest boss in Binding of Isaac: Rebirth: Afterbirth + (Man, so many titles), as Lilith whilst only taking one hit from it. While the world proclaims: "unfair", I git gud :P

I'm in so much love with this as the final boss over everything else. This boss is fun to fight *glares at Hush and Ultra Greed*
I don't know anything about the new boss

Was looking at afterbirth plus, it has a bunch of bad reviews, and in all honesty, afterbirth already had too many items for my liking. I'm scared that I'll regret buying the dlc, as I can't just go back to not having it (at least, not after 2 hours of playing it, which is nothing for Isaac)

If I got it, I'd probably be bragging too xP I got gud too.
Mew?
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Post by Hargan »

Honestly, I understand some of the complaints people have of it, but it feels, especially the new boss, a return to what was good about Isaac after Ultra Greed and Hush left a bad taste in my mouth.

I hate those two bosses like nothing else in that game. Even losing a run to ipecac/ broken mirror is more fun than those two bosses.

And it's just those two bosses in the entire game that I dislike.

But I can see their points, they wanted more. What they will get is more... LATER. If you feel it might be a bad buy, wait til later, when the really awesome mods (Antibirth, I'm looking at you) are (hopefully) ported into the new mod system, allowing them to be played with ease. Then, and probably only then, will people feel they really got their money's worth, when they realise the true purchase they made here was community longevity, not the base game.

For me, I'm having too much fun to quit. What's that? 83 damage on my damage counter built into the game? With 5 fire rate? Tripled thanks to teeth? And not reduced due to bull**** armour and invulnerability periods? Yes, I am having the time of my life, thank you for asking game.
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I just finished Distraint on Android. Don't bother buying it via IAP or on Steam, the ads in the mobile version only show up between "chapters" (zone transitions) so they don't really get in the way of gameplay. It's a little predictable but touching nonetheless.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I'm delving deep into the animal graveyard of Mr. Slave's colon in South Park, The Stick of Truth!
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

TIIINYYYYY TAAAAAAANK!
Tiny Tank.jpg
Though there is a glitch in the playstation emulator that is stopping me from using the pause menue...
also audio/video getting descyinc
Will need to fiddle round with the settings and try get it working properly

But hey! I'm fucking crying in deep pain from some hard nostalgia
;....;

I WANNA MAKE A RE-MAKE OF TINY TANK NOW!
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I preferred New Vegas to Fallout 3.
So did everyone else.

I'm still waiting for Stellaris to go on sale, so I bought Galactic Civilizations III today, which was on sale, in the mean time.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Playing Second Life. I stole a firetruck so I could climb to the top of a crane.

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Playing Second Life. I stole a firetruck so I could climb to the top of a crane.

I can't say I really care about Second Life... But this is pretty wonderful.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence