Welcome to the Table Top section

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Hargan
Species: Foxeh
Region: Gauteng

Welcome to the Table Top section

Post by Hargan »

This is intended to be a section dedicated to role playing games and table top games in general. You can discuss game systems, you can advertise games that you wanna play and you can discuss ongoing games. Essentially, if it's about a table top game, it can go here.

Now for the fun part.

Rules:
1) Yes, we know there are A LOT of other game systems out there, but you really like this one. That is fine. No harm in that. But please be considerate of other people who do ernjoy the other games. As such, no name calling or insults to people will be tolerated, and be respectful of other games people play.
2) No swearing. Yes, games can get heated, and so can discussions of games. But this is still PG. At worst, you may use asterisks to verbalise any swearing you may feel the need to use.
3) This is PG. No yiffy talk please either.
4) Have fun- It is mandatory after all.

If anything else does become an issue, I will jump on it later and add to the rules. But otherwise, have fun.
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Re: Welcome to the Table Top section

Post by Splicer-Fox »

A while back I was invited by Noir to come join them in a roll playing game.
At first I thought it was kinda silly and I never thought I would get into it.
I was very wrong and I took to it immediately. ;)

The game we played was Legend of the 5 Rings witch is a samurai fantasy roll play.
I went every Saturday to go play but unfortunately the hobby shop that held the game closed down. :(
I'd say I only roll played for about 5 days for 3 ours each day.

I enjoyed the experience and I am looking forward to more.
I can best describe it like “whose line is it anyway”; very very funny.
I mean in the story we are 11 year old samurai that get drunk, hit on the wrong chicks, and get in the strangest trouble.

Where I left off: I vomited on everybody going though a portal and made a V.I.P. faint by mentioning the bunny spirit that was hunting her.

So roll playing is awesome and I hope to do more! :D

I am also going to do table top games for the first time next year.
I am thinking of getting the DoW 40K Space wolves.
Noir offered to teach me how to play and lend me his paint.

The only modelling I ever done was when my dad bought me model spaceships(from the old Battle Star Galactica and Babylon 5) to paint. Because I was not interested in painting his car model collection with him. :P

DoW 40k look fun and I would like to play soon! :D
Wiggins
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: African Wild Dog
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Wiggins »

Tabletop gaming is great fun, and I would especially recommend Warhammer 40k. It's so fun to paint and prepare your own models - Half the fun to be honest. I've played relatively few games, due to not many people playing it here, but I've considered the hobby worth it, -just- for the experience of painting my Bright Yellow Space Marines! Lovely to see them all arranged together. You feel like the God-Emperor himself!
“A wise man once said a true history of the world is a history of great conversations in elegant rooms.”
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I love playing WH40K, but after a while building and painting the models just become a huge PITA.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

5 year necro. Nice.
[REDACTED]
Wiggins

Post by Wiggins »

I had to convert some of my friends to start up the hobby so I'd have people to play with, hehe.

Oh, and Necrons, awesome, friend of mine plays them.
“A wise man once said a true history of the world is a history of great conversations in elegant rooms.”
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Lol, nope. I meant this thread was five years old before your post. Your post necromancy has brought it back to life. :lol: (Check the date stamps in the top right corner)
[REDACTED]
Wiggins

Post by Wiggins »

Oh! Sorry! xD My mistake, and I thought I'd breathe it back to life, or at least show my interest in it, considering there aren't many people I can talk to about this hobby!
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

Did someone say Warhammer? Here is only a bit of my collection! (and yes my camera is bad)
20151202_235553.jpg
Showing off aside are you familiar with the site warhammer generals wiggins? They tend to post stuff about tournaments and clubs for wargaming in South Africa. I know durban is a bit of a desert for most geeky things :P but I found this club on warhammer generals http://durban.wargamesclub.co.za/index. ... een_shoppe and they seem to still be up and running dunno if its near you though.

I play X-wing, Warmachine and Kings of War as well
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Well it does remind me that this shouldn't be stickied any more.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Wiggins

Post by Wiggins »

Damn, I'm just eyeing that Imperial... Basilisk? basically the thing with the big gun. I want it, even though I don't play IG... or Astra Militarum or whatever the are called now.
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

They will always be the Imperial Flashlights to me, aligned with the Spazz Marines and the Nuns with Guns.

And yes it is a Basilisk, great model though it doesnt see much play as I prefer the Eldar and the meta isnt really infantry spam right now :P.

What army you rocking?
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Wiggins

Post by Wiggins »

Mhm, flashlights are good! Especially when they are in the hands of some Vostroyan firstborn!

I would love a basilisk just to make my army look even more impressive! The army in question, being the Imperial Bananas, or the Imperial Fists as some like to call them!