Music for the masses

Come are share your musical taste with the rest of us!
Spirit runner
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Forse(horse/fox)
Region: Western Cape

Music for the masses

Post by Spirit runner »

Well.. After many months of exploring the music of today, i feel that music has come a long way. Don't get me wrong, the music is good, but i sometimes feel it gets repetitive (yet still catchy as always). I have always woundered what it would have been like if music never changed, would you see an 18 year old break dance to Petula Clark's "downtown", or if music was a whole mixup and you hearing your grandad talking about how they did the Charleston while "dear future husband" played in the background. Yesiree, times have changed with music, some think its good, some think its bad, and others just go with the flow :D . What can i say, music enlightens my soul and makes me feel light as a feather in my one tone body and is my harmless drug that is so addictive, my parents say i have a problem :P. I'm a little new to these posts even though iv'e been on the forum for over a year now, but i felt like getting this off my chest because why not, its a topic and its fun to type without looking at your keyboard for the first and realizing all the mistakes you make and right clicking the red squiggly lines to give you the right spelling. If you are an Al Jolson, a Snoop Dog or even a Fleetwood Mac, listen to what your heart desires, its you that controls the music.
Rocket_Dog
Species: Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Re: Music for the masses

Post by Rocket_Dog »

The one constant is change.

Music is special because it can mean so much to people in so many different ways. Some of the Beatles tracks and then some of Falloutboy have shaped my life one way or another.

I don't feel like there's a "special golden era" of music, or that the music of today is any better or worse than what came before. It's just different. There will be one person in 10 years reminiscing about how great Taylor Swift was and how no one puts out any music like that anymore and that 2010's were the highlight of the music industry.

Music is also extremely universal and varied. I know that there will be at least ONE song in each genre that I'd enjoy (Oh Snoop, how you got me into R&B), and that I don't want to settle to just listening to a certain style or era of music my entire life.

That's why I'm basing my music choices these days more on my mood than anything else: I've got headbobbing/butt swinging dance tunes but another list for when I'm in the mood for indie or folk, and another for when I want to reminisce about High school teenager stuff. I listen to movie and game sountracks too - something that might not constitute "real music".

In the end just listen to what you enjoy and what you're in the mood for.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky
Region: Gauteng

Post by Tocs »

I for one have an appreciation for nearly all music... I always have a song stuck in my head (neon knows this) and well I always love singing or dancing to music regardless of whether or not it is music of today (Avachii) or of the past (The Garden Fools). I agree, music is sort of a remedy and it helps me so much through stress and guaranteed to always put me in a better mood :3
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Nopulant
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Maned-Wolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Nopulant »

I for one don't really like the songs of today, mainly the ones like "whip and neyney" one.
I'm more of a metal fanboy and guitars will always rule over computer aided beats and autotuning XD
I BLAME THE FURRIES! D:
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Vorel wrote:[something]
??? Who are you who last posted over 2 years ago?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Leeward wrote:
Lurker level: Godly
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rocket_Dog
Species: Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Post by Rocket_Dog »

Leeward wrote:
I dub thee Leeward: Queen of Thread Derailment.

Vorel: Though yeah a random topic to begin posting in. Anyway welcome back! :mrgreen:
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Let me just leave this here.

Popular culture cruft sucks in comparison.