Rate the song above you.

Come are share your musical taste with the rest of us!
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

Rate the song above you.

Post by Franky »

OK so there are some threads here for what you are listening to right now and stuff but what about something that digs a little into the core of South African furry music taste.

Instead of meaninglessly just posting whatever is playing right now here's a little thing that at least requires someone to listen to what you posted and give it a rating out of 10 with some description on likes and hates.

------------------------------------------
AKA I post a song: "insert youtube video here"

You post: 6/10 is ok but repetitive in the chorus with no progression in structure. Nice lyrics etc...

"Insert your youtube video here"
-------------------------------------------

Kapish?

Lemme start with one of my favs:
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Re: Rate the song above you.

Post by Fluke »

drums cool, but them suddenly cutting off isn't imo
great buildup intro
vocals effects feel iffy at the start.

8/10 - Really enjoyed it, but I didn't download it and may not listen to it again :p

--------------------------------------------

ideas: Maybe try to keep it less-well-known songs so that furs don't know what they are before they hear them (ie; no Queen, Beatles, Avicii, etc.)
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

8/10

Pretty nice melodic house. Kinda got thrown off when I heard the choir of Mario Picotto's Komodo smashed up and transposed in there but I still enjoyed it. A standard 707 kit mixed with some bass for the minimal feel made this sound pretty new age and clean. High rating cause it's euphoric in a sense.

Agrees with the proposition to make it more diverse songs but even if a commercial song gets posted I think the ratings would suffice.

Since Fluke immediately took this from nu Metal to EDM lol. I guess it's safe to post this Trippy piece of madness.

Last edited by Franky on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Great sense of calm, and use of percussion and progressive of the synth sounds are awesome. Nothing exciting, but nothing feels out of place or uncomfortable.

10/10 Max Cooper is awesome, I love Ripple and I have already downloaded all those songs :p

Now for one of my favourite songs;
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

8/10
Brilliant production skills right there and a really interesting key during the break but that's where it ends for me. First time I hear it though, might require some listening too before I'll appreciate the song a bit more. Indie music kinda grows on you like that so I'll remember this one. Kinda spacy and futuristic although it sounds like a reference to 2000 Man from rolling stones. Person being all tied up with technology and such while given a choice at the end whether he should just continue his day to day life or break down and regret his life.

Was gonna give it a 7 then listened to the lyrics again so it's an 8 now.

Come on guys it can't be just me and fluke doing this thread!

Something old and a bit more commercial, maybe you furs will rate then?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

9/10 -

though i prefer the reanimated version of this song you cannot get away with a good 'ol classic. Linkin Park is and always be one of my all time faves (even if the new album sounds nothing like Linkin Park...

all round a good song...

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

Ah sleepyhead... love the song. 8/10

Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Ahaaa
7/10

Should actually give this a higher rating but as a avid KoRn Fan, this is way too soothing and just doesn't sound like them at all. Even the lyric structure "Never gonna love agAIn, never gonna have to try to pretEnd" Sorry Johnathan I don't get that and the "gansta" way you perform it. Also I mentioned before that the return of Head in this last album really improved their guitar sound but because of his new found way in life it made the songs less KoRn and more Nickleback. :?

It is a good song though. I love the structure and even the little electronic solo thing in there. Also liked JD doing his little KoRnsense speak during that. If I wasn't such a hardcore fan I would probably give it a much higher rating.

Anyways here is one from an album that seriously requires a better audio engineer. The music is good IMO but shit production:

Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Awwww. Common furs. Thought you maniacs like music. :cry:
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I have one I'd put up here but I just haven't been in the mood to listen to and rate something new.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Okay, I'll participate.

I used to listen to Adema; their eponymous album and Unstable. On the first listen I thought it was very pleasant, a nice background track but far too subdued. Listening again it seems that the music has a decent climax but the vocals never really seem to have the same power. But it is quite catchy and there's nothing that jumps out as being bad, just unremarkable.

6.5/10

This is an old one (1981) by ABBA but which I only heard recently. It just caught me from the first time I heard it.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Not really my thing.

Although Björn Kristian has a wicked talent in writing music and he obviously didn't miss his calling. The age is just unfortunately a dead zone in any other music other than Rock and Roll. It's like the pop artists didn't know what to do with their skills which gave birth to songs like this. Mixing synths and Grand pianos while creating a song fitting for a musical singing about music.

6/10

And the reasons for the above just 2 years before the Abba song, this came out:

(Compare the musical quality)

BTW that is the full version of the song known as:

Another brick in the wall pt. 1
The happiest days of our lives
Another brick in the wall pt. 2
Another brick in the wall pt. 3
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Ah Brick! Always an epic tune! both aesthetically pleasing and thematically stimulating. I've always enjoyed Pink Floyd's movements.

9/10

Heres an interesting concept:

AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Biffy Antlers

Post by Biffy Antlers »

You can't not love Queen... Especially their later albums, that being said this would be one of the darker songs off the Innuendo album. Theatrical and progressive, and the Latin collision just goes to show how versatile Brian May is. I do however find it hard to live into the song, a little too dramatic and baroque for me to relate to...
But for what it is, and cause Queen... 7/10

Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

Hmm... gonna be honest, can't really make out anything he says without concentrating really hard. Good music though, just not my style. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.
7/10

I don't know what to put. All my solid favorites could seem unappealing to others. So I'll just get a random song from my more chilled playlists.

Def one of Slipknot's more mellow songs. Not even close to the level of music you guys have been posting, but enjoy nonetheless.
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Not knowing much of Slipknot I find it quite hard to rate I have only reasonably recently started developing a taste in the heavier side of music. I do however have to agree that it is nice and chilled, enjoyed the guitar solo at roughly 3:30 and right through could not stop listening to the percussion.
probably 8/10

My flavour of the day, probably watch the video at least once each day.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Biffy Antlers

Post by Biffy Antlers »

Very dramatic and symphonic.. Female vocalists are pretty touch and go personally, but she's got more than just a pretty voice,reminds me a bit of Nightwish... The choirs add a pretty gothic/dark dynamic, which I'm not a big fan of (if you're gonna be evil be evil, don't try to make it fancy evil)...
Overall it's not a bad song, well written music, well played instruments... I'd give it a 6/10

This may be a little too out there for most... But out there needs some company :3
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

If the vocals were a bit deeper, I'd almost be reminded of Anathema. Relaxed, slightly depressing, fun little back beat, the music video aside, it sounds like something I'd listen to if I needed to concentrate and that's pretty awesome. 7/10

Since we were on front women.

AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Biffy Antlers

Post by Biffy Antlers »

That riff in the beginning is fucking awesome.. I've always liked rock and roll anthems, vestigial elements from my teenage angst haha. Brilliant vocalist, she lays out some awesome grungy screams and one mean buildup 2/3rds through... Overall good song, I can imagine raging in a bar if it started playing, spill your drink bump your friend kinda shit. 8/10... Bravo Wulf :3

I just found this today, and I'm in love <3 Today will be a good day just because of this song ^-^
Brisby
Species: Zebra

Post by Brisby »

10/10

Krassimir - Illusion

Private the Penguin: [landing in Antarctica] Well. This sucks.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Brisby wrote:

Code: Select all

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyAthqewF2g[/video]
Brisby be like: "Did I do it right?"
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Over and over like a gif even
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Brisby
Species: Zebra

Post by Brisby »

Private the Penguin: [landing in Antarctica] Well. This sucks.