Music Artists You Hate

Come are share your musical taste with the rest of us!
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Music Artists You Hate

Post by Ryall »

We all have songs and music genres that we like and dislike, but there are some artists who consistently make bad songs. Which artists really grind your gears with their talent or lack thereof?

Here are my nominees:
  • The Ting Tings
    Jay-Z
    Beyoncé
    Desmond and the Tutus
    Bruno Mars
    Insane Clown Posse
Honestly I wish they would just stay off the radio, forever and ever - not that Insane Clown Posse ever featured on the radio. Honestly, I think Beyoncé and Jay-Z are a great couple, because they can share their awful taste in music with each other, forever and ever.

Special mention goes to Kanye West. I don't hate his music, but, but he's earned my contempt for having narcissism, arrogance, and delusions of grandeur bordering on megalomania. He's also an idiot, and a colossal prick.

The worst song ever accolade goes to: Jay-Z with 'Death of Auto-Tune.'
Runners up: Beyoncé, with 'Run the World (girls),' Bruno Mars with 'Treasure,' and the Ting Tings with 'That's Not My Name.'
Hahaha! :lol:
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Re: Music Artists You Hate

Post by Contrast »

I also dislike Kanye West. Some of the stuff he says is so ridiculous I can't keep from throwing my hands in the air. Here are just a few.

"GOD CHOSE ME. HE MADE A PATH FOR ME. I AM GOD'S VESSEL. BUT MY GREATEST PAIN IN LIFE IS THAT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SEE MYSELF PERFORM LIVE."

"an abortion can cost a ballin' nigga up to 50gs maybe a 100. Gold diggin' bitches be getting pregnant on purpose. #STRAPUP my niggas!"

"I'M LIKE A TREE, I FEED THE BRANCHES OF THE PEOPLE."

"I REALIZE THAT MY PLACE AND POSTION IN HISTORY IS THAT I WILL GO DOWN AS THE VOICE OF THIS GENERATION, OF THIS DECADE, I WILL BE THE LOUDEST VOICE."

"SOMETIMES PEOPLE WRITE NOVELS AND THEY JUST BE SO WORDY AND SO SELF-ABSORBED. I AM NOT A FAN OF BOOKS. I WOULD NEVER WANT A BOOK'S AUTOGRAPH. I AM A PROUD NON-READER OF BOOKS!"

I've been a fan of books ever since I could read, and as a novelist, it's that last quote that really grinds my gears.

Oh yeah. Justin Bieber should be in the list, too. Repeating the same word a dozen times isn't singing, it's annoying.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

That̴ g͏odd̵a͠m͢n̷ F̵l̛uk̛e͢132 i͟d͢iot ͏pis҉se͞s͢ me̢ off͝.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

A lot of pop singers because they are just vapid and poorly written. To see what I mean just listen to how they sound when they are read.

Although Kline has an awesome voice. It's not impossible to put interesting lyrics into a song. There really is no need to just repeat a couple of one-syllable words. The worst part is when the tunes are catchy and you have the nonsense stuck in your head.

Though there are some that aren't all that bad. But those are few and far between.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

@ Contrast, scratch my last comment, Kanye West is a megalomaniac.

I had actually hear the 'tree,' and the 'voice of the generation' comments, but not those others. It's pretty hilarious just how delusional he is.
Isn't it funny Contrast, that he then goes on to talk about how novels are self-absorbed? Hah, what a dumbass. Maybe he just envies the attention they get. ;)

@ Rakuen, true. That's one of the reasons why The Ting Tings feature so strongle on my list (That's not my name, that's not my name, that's not my name, that's not my name! :x ). Ylvis at least doesn't take himself very seriously though. If you watch some of his other music videos, they are all rather whimsical. :P
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

You͘ do ̶r̵ea҉li̷s͜ȩ ͢"wha̡t҉ ͢d̸o͜e͏s ͞t͘h͡e ̷f̕óx͝ s͞ay͡"̕ ̧i͢s ͏an ҉ir͞onic͏-s̛o͡n͜g? It̨ is m̴ąki͡ng fưn ̴o͟f h̕ơw͢ ͏crap pop̵-e̢d͠m m̸u͢s҉ic͘ ͏is.
Dire wolf
Species: howler

Post by Dire wolf »

Anything Afr and I hate it
This is your life, good to the last drop
Doesn't get any better than this
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Pinkamena Diane Pie wrote:You͘ do ̶r̵ea҉li̷s͜ȩ ͢"wha̡t҉ ͢d̸o͜e͏s ͞t͘h͡e ̷f̕óx͝ s͞ay͡"̕ ̧i͢s ͏an ҉ir͞onic͏-s̛o͡n͜g? It̨ is m̴ąki͡ng fưn ̴o͟f h̕ơw͢ ͏crap pop̵-e̢d͠m m̸u͢s҉ic͘ ͏is.
I'll take you guys' word for it. The problem is it's so hard to tell if it's ironic or not, it's more intelligible than some pop songs. I doubt that the Chinese food song is also ironic, and thankfully I've never had to listen to it.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Glitch MadDragon
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Glitch MadDragon »

i dont realy hate artists persay but there is one artist i just dont like, i dont know why but i just dont like justen biber , i dont know why , i just do
la lala la la.. please excuse my spelling :O
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Can we just talk about how James blunt is more irritating than stepping in dog shit.
Him and those fucking Gallager brothers. If I ever saw one of them in a dark alley, I would smash off their cocks with a half brick
[REDACTED]
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

There was another thing I forgot to mention, I hate radio edits that remove swearing. To me, it says that the artist has no respect for his work (and I can't think of a worse thing for an artist) and is prepared to change it just to make money. Either the swearing was necessary for your vision and don't play it on the radio, or just leave it out in the first place. Have some integrity.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

What about Rebecca Black's Friday?
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

@ Dire Wolf, Afr? Afrikaans?

@TheDawg, Rebecca Black recieved enough hate without me jumping on the hate wagon. Besides, she disappeared just as quickly as she left. :P
Helios_Phi wrote:Can we just talk about how James blunt is more irritating than stepping in dog shit...
But Helios :( ... You're beautiful! You're Beautiful! You're beautiful it's true! When I saw your face, on that mugshot space!...
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

[REDACTED]
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Honestly I was just hoping to get the song in your head to spite you but yes okay. :P
Dire wolf
Species: howler

Post by Dire wolf »

@ Dreadmaw yea everything sounds the same "i love u crap" Etc Etc working 2 years in a CD shop ruined my taste in music because you cant play METAL!
This is your life, good to the last drop
Doesn't get any better than this
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Yeah, I hear you Dire Wolf. Asides from his annoying voice, I despise Bruno Mars because all he can ever sing about is his crush on some woman. It's like every woman he sees he falls head over heals for. Get a grip Bruno!
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Far better than the Chinese food song.