Musical Black hole

Come are share your musical taste with the rest of us!
Kalium_Puceon
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Duiker!
Region: Western Cape
Mastodon: pleroma.site/kalium

Musical Black hole

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

Over the past two years, I encountered a problem. I realized that about 85% of the music I hear was music that I did not enjoy, and a further 25% of that I actually loathed for being unusually terrible.

As a result, I have missed all but some of the best mainstream music of the past two years. (Of course, indie music won't have been caught in this vortex)

So, to the point, can you guys suggest any of the music I may have missed, so I can see If I should actually listen to music in the future. (Literally, I listen to radio 702, which doesn't play anything newer than 1999)

Thanks!
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
My Github! | My Twitter! | My Tumblr | Hit me up as Kalium on foonetic IRC!
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Region: Gauteng

Re: Musical Black hole

Post by rusted hydra »

not a lot of newer music is very good. quite a lot of the music I listen to is older music.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I haven't got much new music in a while but I like power metal. Finland has good bands in that genre, like Sonata Arctica, Turisas and Nightwish. Maybe you should try that.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Kalium_Puceon
Species: Duiker!
Region: Western Cape
Mastodon: pleroma.site/kalium

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

I'll take a gander at those, Thanks!
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
My Github! | My Twitter! | My Tumblr | Hit me up as Kalium on foonetic IRC!