Fave digital radio stations

Come are share your musical taste with the rest of us!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Fave digital radio stations

Post by Raven Song »

So... I found a radio station called SamFM, it's primarily in Swindon but thanks to the wonders of online-iness I can listen to it in Oxford (only an hour away but radio signals apparently don't care :P)...

and it got me thinking, what is everyones favourite stations AND WHY!!! preferably ones with an online component but maybe you have a local station or uni station that you love...

SamFM got my vote due to it's policy - NO REPEAT IN 24hours!!!! that means unlike 90% of stations I listen too, I wont have to hear that god awful Katy Perry Chained to the Rhythm four times in the 10 hour work day... thank heavens for SamFM!!! They also play a massive array of songs, ranging from Texas to Mumford And Sons to Whitesnake to Arcade Fire to Prince to Metallica... like, EVERYTHING... they played a French rap song yesterday... I love French Rap!!! I don't understand it but I love it :P OOOO Bruce Springsteen just came on!!!

so yeah :P Whats your fave???
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Fave digital radio stations

Post by Leeward »

RavenSong wrote:only an hour away but radio signals apparently don't care :P
Radio signals travel by line-of-sight: if there's a hill in the way, too fucking bad. :lol: But that's what relays are for, look how many KFM has (scroll down to frequencies). Maybe SamFM has some too? I don't normally listen to the radio, but if I want some background noise, KFM is my go-to because everything else is either shitty "music" or extremely Christian.