Youngest of the family?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.

Are you..

the youngest of the family?
54%
an only child?
13%
only if neither of the above, gay?
13%
none of the above
21%

Total votes: 24
SilverDragon
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Youngest of the family?

Post by SilverDragon »

This might seem a bit boring, but a thought struck me yesterday for some reason. Most of the furries I know seem to be either the youngest of the family, or an only child. After some more thought, I saw a slight pattern emerge as to who actually decides to join the furry fandom. So, I was just starting to wonder whom of us here are actually either an only child, or the youngest of the family, and if neither, whether you are gay. (Some stuff I thought about, and for now, this data is purely for personal curiosity)
---------------------
PSN ID:
Acronix_23
---------------------
(\_/)
(O.o)
This is Bunny.
(> <) He is on his way to World Domination
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Re: Youngest of the family?

Post by Ryall »

lol! interesting topic this. I would like to think I am furry because I am :) not because of some subconcious-complex to do with being the youngest out of 4 siblings! MMmm.... I dunno. I doubt our friendly local homosexuals are gonna have much to say about this either.
Mmm, on that note tho, if ur the youngest and gay, does that like increase ur chance of being a furry 2x? :lol:
Hahaha! :lol:
SilverDragon
Ilache Darastri

Post by SilverDragon »

Ryall wrote:lol! interesting topic this. I would like to think I am furry because I am :) not because of some subconcious-complex to do with being the youngest out of 4 siblings! MMmm.... I dunno. I doubt our friendly local homosexuals are gonna have much to say about this either.
Mmm, on that note tho, if ur the youngest and gay, does that like increase ur chance of being a furry 2x? :lol:
Heh, I know what you mean. I'm was just thinking about my own experience as being the youngest.. it seems that it can lead more easily to being socially outcasted in certain ways, which in turn will lead to seeking other ways of feeling accepted. And you will always be accepted into the furry fandom :) And as I said in the post, I'm just curious
---------------------
PSN ID:
Acronix_23
---------------------
(\_/)
(O.o)
This is Bunny.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

SilverDragon wrote: Heh, I know what you mean. I'm was just thinking about my own experience as being the youngest.. it seems that it can lead more easily to being socially outcasted in certain ways, which in turn will lead to seeking other ways of feeling accepted. And you will always be accepted into the furry fandom :) And as I said in the post, I'm just curious
lol, yeah yeah no prob :) . I am interested to see the results of this 1 too! :D soz if I sounded confrontational. Hmmm, being a youngest myself, I do wonder about this.
Thinking about it, I do have quite a few morphological fantasies (although this does not directly link to seeking acceptance in communities such as this...it could still be linked to the youngest mindset. mmm. I think I will have to start a post about this in general fur chat :P ). An interesting example cropped up not so long ago. I was watching a documentary and part of it explored the possibility of humans becoming cyborgs in the future. My eldest brother asked me ,"would you be a cyborg?" "Of course!" I eagerly responded. My two brothers though would not. In a lot of games, this repeats itself: I play the non-human characters and my brothers play as humans.
One generalisation I can make is I notice a lot of homosexuals have this affinity to angels and demons and otherwordly things.
Therefore, do youngest and homosexuals have some sort of innert desire to be 'something else?'
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

I think someone's motivation for being a fur is usually much deeper than just being "the youngest" or similar.

Gay people are much more accepted now than they were 15 or 20 years ago. Also, there's only by my count about 200 of us, out of 50m, so it's hard to pull a relationship back to your position in the family. Statistically we are too small a group to really say anything that broad.

Some would be in it purely for the sexual aspect. I guess this is true of many of the younger furs. Some are in it because of spirituality, some are into it because of cartoons or similar, some simply enjoy the artwork, and some enjoy being with other furs. Some like suiting. Some do indeed need acceptance from another group.

I think a better question to ask here is "Why are you a fur?"
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Valerion wrote:I think someone's motivation for being a fur is usually much deeper than just being "the youngest" or similar.

Gay people are much more accepted now than they were 15 or 20 years ago. Also, there's only by my count about 200 of us, out of 50m, so it's hard to pull a relationship back to your position in the family. Statistically we are too small a group to really say anything that broad.

Some would be in it purely for the sexual aspect. I guess this is true of many of the younger furs. Some are in it because of spirituality, some are into it because of cartoons or similar, some simply enjoy the artwork, and some enjoy being with other furs. Some like suiting. Some do indeed need acceptance from another group.

I think you are misinterpreting the aim of this poll here Valerion. There's no doubt that there's a lot more to being a fur than being "the youngest" or other, otherwise that would be an insult to us.
It's like making a conjecture about the amount of fat in the world population's diet, and their chance of cancer. It is noted that a larger % of people with higher amounts fat in their diets suffer from cancer, therefore fat causes caner - no. Infact, what it suggests is that there is more fat in their diet because their food is more refined, and their food is more refined suggesting they are in a developed environment, in which there are many more variables to consider such as pollution, stress and the lifespan of urban dwellers - fat may have nothing to do with it at all.
So, now that I have made that long analogy to explain things, and if I can speak on behalf of SilverDragon, I think he has made an observation, and is testing this with a poll to see if there is a trend - not to determine the cause of furryness. *looks at the poll* and so far... he might just be onto sumthing :lol:
Wolfers
Snugglebeast
Species: Wolf/Bear

Post by Wolfers »

I am the youngest by 14 years, and my oldest sister is... 18 years my senior. Which has made my life rather interesting, hehe.

Anyway, it's an interesting possibility... i've not thought of it this way before.
~Wolfers~

Professional Animal Impersonator
SilverDragon
Ilache Darastri

Post by SilverDragon »

Ryall wrote:
Valerion wrote:I think someone's motivation for being a fur is usually much deeper than just being "the youngest" or similar.

I think you are misinterpreting the aim of this poll here Valerion. There's no doubt that there's a lot more to being a fur than being "the youngest" or other, otherwise that would be an insult to us.
It's like making a conjecture about the amount of fat in the world population's diet, and their chance of cancer. It is noted that a larger % of people with higher amounts fat in their diets suffer from cancer, therefore fat causes caner - no. Infact, what it suggests is that there is more fat in their diet because their food is more refined, and their food is more refined suggesting they are in a developed environment, in which there are many more variables to consider such as pollution, stress and the lifespan of urban dwellers - fat may have nothing to do with it at all.
So, now that I have made that long analogy to explain things, and if I can speak on behalf of SilverDragon, I think he has made an observation, and is testing this with a poll to see if there is a trend - not to determine the cause of furryness. *looks at the poll* and so far... he might just be onto sumthing :lol:
Sorry for the long quote here, but yes, Ryall said it better than I could have :)
Thanks ^^
---------------------
PSN ID:
Acronix_23
---------------------
(\_/)
(O.o)
This is Bunny.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

SilverDragon wrote: Sorry for the long quote here, but yes, Ryall said it better than I could have :)
Thanks ^^
Hehe. Np. Although um, *looks at the poll* yeeaaaah... Valerion is right in that ur gonna need a bigger sampling size if this kind of poll is gonna mean anything for answering ur question. :P Try somewhere like furnation....
Ryu Silverwing
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Hawk
Region: Other

Post by Ryu Silverwing »

I am the youngest (by 5 years) and gay, i feel like the most outcasted in my family, i'd rather be alone than with them.
Its getting near dark, when lights close on tired eyes, i'll soon be with you my love, give you my dose of prise, ill be with you darling soon! i'll be with you when the stars stop falling.
Dragonwolf
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon Wolf Hybrid

Post by Dragonwolf »

Hehe according to the poll above, I guess I'm an outlier ^^.

I'm the oldest from my mothers side and in the middle from my fathers side.
"We should stop being envious of others and start being more accepting of ourselves."

Did I get that right?... The mic was off? What do you mean it was OFF!
SilverDragon
Ilache Darastri

Post by SilverDragon »

Dragonwolf Lord wrote:Hehe according to the poll above, I guess I'm an outlier ^^.

I'm the oldest from my mothers side and in the middle from my fathers side.
That sounds quite confusing to me, heh
---------------------
PSN ID:
Acronix_23
---------------------
(\_/)
(O.o)
This is Bunny.
Dragonwolf
Species: Dragon Wolf Hybrid

Post by Dragonwolf »

SilverDragon wrote:That sounds quite confusing to me, heh
Okay let me clarify ^^, my dad has had previous wives. He has had children with them. Now he is married to my mom. My mom had me and my brother. So I have two older half sisters and a younger brother. :mrgreen:
"We should stop being envious of others and start being more accepting of ourselves."

Did I get that right?... The mic was off? What do you mean it was OFF!
Yukon
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

Dragonwolf Lord wrote:
SilverDragon wrote:That sounds quite confusing to me, heh
Okay let me clarify ^^, my dad has had previous wives. He has had children with them. Now he is married to my mom. My mom had me and my brother. So I have two older half sisters and a younger brother. :mrgreen:
I'm in the same situation, though the only child my father had from a previous marriage passed away, so I'm the oldest still around...
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.