Any vegans ?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Storm
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Fox
Region: Gauteng

Any vegans ?

Post by Storm »

Are you vegan or vegetarian (for whatever reason)? Just curious to see if there are other vegans using the forum.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Re: Any vegans ?

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen is a vegetarian.
I'm not one though.
Storm

Post by Storm »

Ah.

No worries,I'm not the converting type haha.
somnia
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Post by somnia »

I am not a vegan, but do try to eat less meat than normal, since it does highly contribute to global warming and when I do eat meat, I try to get actual free range. Some veggy patties are like amazing too, there is this one recipe I tried a few years ago and it was super nice xD

That said, I cannot wait for lab grown meat, that should hopefully reduce a lot of the issues with farming.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I guess I've been outed already.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:15 am I guess I've been outed already.
If only you could invite me to more vegan pizza parties Raki
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

If I recall correctly, the time I did make pizza for you was that time I left it in the warmer and it got way too dry before people could eat it. Hardly the best pizza I ever made.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

:? We don't speak of that pizza
OhPossum
Mastodon: Wooly elephant

Post by OhPossum »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:15 am I guess I've been outed already.
Have you ever tried to make https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seitan before? Or do just buy it (assuming you ever eat any). Also have you tried ever baking/cooking with https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquafaba?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

No and no. Mostly because I'm too lazy with cooking and partly because some ingredients are very difficult to find. I've only ever seen seitan in a restaurant.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

I'm not vegan, but I appreciate what they do.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Storm

Post by Storm »

Faanvolla wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 pm I'm not vegan, but I appreciate what they do.
Thanks ! Xxxx
Storm

Post by Storm »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:06 am No and no. Mostly because I'm too lazy with cooking and partly because some ingredients are very difficult to find. I've only ever seen seitan in a restaurant.
I tend to get lazy with cooking too ,especially when very busy. I would probably go to more effort if I actually had someone to make food with though,as I do enjoy eating.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:06 am No and no. Mostly because I'm too lazy with cooking and partly because some ingredients are very difficult to find. I've only ever seen seitan in a restaurant.
Weird. The preacher man told me he saw seitan in the rainbow coloured shirt at Mr Price.

Ba

Dum

Tss
Washburn
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Ginger Cat

Post by Washburn »

I dated a vegan tannie a while ago. She is studying her Masters in some medical field - so she knows a thing or two of the body I guess lol. Her reason was quite simple. She finds meat (especially red meats) repulsive. She didn't give a flying fuck about the animals though haha.

She ghosted me after I ordered venison biltong at the bar. So much for being understanding and inclusive to us meat eaters :(
“Scccccratccch the most clever postmodern-relativist professor’s Mercedes with a key, and you will see how fast the mask of relativism (with its pretense that there can be neither right nor wrong) and the cloak of radical tolerance come off.”
― Jordan B. Peterson, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos

"Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea." ― Lady Nancy Astor
"Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it." ― Winston Churchill