Seeking Information on Akura Group

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Seeking Information on Akura Group

Post by Contrast »

Hi guys. Weird place to ask about this, but you lot have never steered me wrong before, and I'm running out of ideas.
I applied for a freelance writing job a while back from "randysuess technology (hk) limited". It was listed on Indeed. I got a reply from someone from "Akura Group". Here's their website: ( https://www.akuragroup.com/ ) . Apparently they're a sister company of Randysuess. Anyway, this person then emailed me a writing test to check if my skills are up to par. Pretty basic stuff (write a character profile based on these photo's, write an opening chapter based on one of these prompts, and so on). It's due on Thursday. But that's not the important bit.

It's pretty normal to check and do some research on these types of things before you jump in all willy-nilly, right? I've been trying, but I just can't seem to find any information on "Akura Group". It's been several days and all I can find is that one website, and it doesn't really say much. I haven't been able to find anyone talking about that company, neither good nor bad.

Am I being paranoid, or is this a legit concern? I know I may be acting like a lazy, selfish jerk, just plopping this down here and hoping someone else will be able to find something out, but I honestly don't know where else to look anymore. It's like these people barely exist. But if it was a scam, people would be complaining about it being a scam, right? I tried to find people like that, but there's nothing. I just don't know. I'd hate to lose a good opportunity just because I got paranoid.

Any help, advice, or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: Seeking Information on Akura Group

Post by Adagio »

They should be registered somewhere. I don't know if that's public knowledge.

I tried looking on linkedin. Couldn't really find anything either.

The company they claim to be a sister conpany of, can you maybe get in contact with them to determine the legitimacy of their claims?

Added in 4 minutes 46 seconds:
The domain has been around for over a year.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231002_210756_Firefox.jpg
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I looked, but I can't really find anything about them, either. I found one email address for a "Randysuess technology PRIVATE limited", but I'm 90% sure they're not the same as "Randysuess technology (hk) limited".

I checked the original email again, and the person said that Akura is an "associated" company with RandySuess.

I don't know. Maybe I should send the test samples when I'm done with them, and then, if they ask me to pay any fees or costs or ask me for weird personal information, or literally ANYTHING like that, I'll just bail out and completely ignore them forever.

Does that sound like the right thing to do?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

If the writing isn't that much work, going along for now might be the best. There are companies that have a poor web presence because it's not how they work. It doesn't have to be suspicious. You could also ask them if they would tell you some of their clients.

If they do ask you to send them money, that is an immediate red flag and you should bail out. But if they are going to pay you, you'd be sending them personal information as well, so you should be reasonably comfortable with them. If it is a scam, it's more likely that the writing tests are just ways to trick people into writing for them for free. Although I guess with chatGPT able to spew out words there's little reason for that now and it could really be a writing quality test.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:11 pm If the writing isn't that much work, going along for now might be the best.
Yeah, it's only 3000 - 4000 words.
I finished the test and sent it back. Thanks for the advice, guys. I appreciate it.