Dispelling a misconception

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Dispelling a misconception

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I'll be a doing a talk about animals for FURSAverance next week called "Dispelling a misconception: Non-human animals as intelligent, cultured and moral beings."
rakuen_fursavernce2021.png
Many people still view non-human animals as stupid and unable to understand the world around them. Such a view can lead people to treat animals in ways that that they don't deserve. In this panel, I want to discuss various lines of evidence that show that animals are actually intelligent, have their own cultures and a sense of morality. Expect a mix of science and videos of cute animals.
https://www.fursaverance.co.za/panels/f ... mony-xakha
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Re: Dispelling a misconception

And it's online now!

The slides and associated links are available here:
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Re: Dispelling a misconception

The video is also up on my own channel now. If you haven't seen it, go take a look. If you have and you liked it, go show it some love.

Also, there was a recent news article about animals using voice buttons for communication. If you are interested in the topic, perhaps you would enjoy that too.
https://www.news24.com/you/news/interna ... e-20210524
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~