The world has gone insane

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

The world has gone insane

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

The world has been a mess for a while now but things have got so much stupider so quickly. There's this completely absurd tweet from an official Twitter account and I don't understand how whoever proposed it wasn't laughed out of the meeting immediately. This must have gone through several people.

There are legitimate problems that need to be solved regarding gender and racial equality and so on but these suggestions are completely absurd, misguided and pointless. I mentioned it on Twitter in connection with Poe's Law. "Without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied." I'm not sure how you could parody something like that because it is so extremely ridiculous. Maybe they will say speaking English itself is someone colonial and oppressive?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Kievvu
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Re: The world has gone insane

Post by Kievvu »

I've seen a few companies lately removing the word "whitening" from products that are literally made to do exactly that. Like to whiten your teeth or stuff like bleach that whitens fabrics.
And I find it kinda ridiculous coz how is that helping? and also that's literally what the products do yeah? race has nothing to do with it?
So I'm like..if that's what yall are doing companies then why don't you go full out inclusive etc and take a look at some other words like "Straightening" on products for hair.
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

Yeah. This absurdity has been going around.

The people of Github has also decided to change the name of the "Master" branch to the "Main" branch, which is going to break multiple systems, including our own firmware over the air system.

It's not solving anything, it's in fact now demonizing otherwise benign words.
It's honestly ridiculous.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Kievvu wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:13 pm I've seen a few companies lately removing the word "whitening" from products that are literally made to do exactly that. Like to whiten your teeth or stuff like bleach that whitens fabrics.
"new omo auto, for superior whiteness!" OwO/ white power clansman Omo! the high wizard commends your dedication to the cause.

i'm actually loving this, its hilarious. clown world is gonna be a blast.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...