2020 Resolutions

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

2020 Resolutions

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I don't usually do resolutions but it is a new year and a new decade. Plus, I was thinking it might be a good idea to start some long term career planning instead of just going along with whatever was interesting at the time. I'm not likely to stop that but I might try to also be a bit more directed at the same time.

I haven't entirely nailed down what my resolutions or long term plan will be but I'm going around a couple of things. This is just a WIP list.
I want to read more books, specifically to aim for 2 a month if possible.
I want to get fitter, so I need to set up an exercise plan which I can follow.
I want to make sure I have the skills/knowledge for any future positions, so I want to try do a certain number of free online courses to supplement my skills.
I want to eat better, so I intend to make a proper meal plan where I cook meals from raw ingredients as much as possible.
I want to write more, try and set a proper word target per day or week.

For most of these, I already did some of it this year and I just want to do more. Some things I intend to do completely new. But I know I need to make it something where I can really measure any progress otherwise nothing much will happen.

Anyone else have any particular goals for the new year/new decade? Do you want to share them here?

If you are planning on making some resolutions, it's important to try and make ones that will stick. I saw this video shortly before making this thread and it might help a bit.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Re: 2020 Resolutions

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I only have one, stay alive for the coming year. Maybe be better. So, yeah, 2 Stay alive, be better.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I have so many but number 1 is leave the past behind. 2. If they want to be your friend you wouldn't have to fight for them, no more forcing friendships.
3. This year sets in motion the rest of my life. Get prepping for my future.
4. Put down the fucking pizza! Seriously though eat healthier and drop some weight.
5. Experience more. No more pretending I'm lazy.
6. Save. Even if its £10, save it. You have goals. They need money.
7. Don't change how much you love just because of 1 person. Be who you are.
8 following from 7 start working towards your gender neutral base. Be who u feel inside.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

1024 x 768... and it SUCKS i cant see a damn thing on my crappy little CRT screen after my LCD up and died! and it being holiday season i dared not risk going out to buy a new screen its a nightmare!

UwU but yea in terms of things we hope to get done in 2020:
step one: curb my alcaholism.
step two: stop being such a huge slut.
step three: ????
step four: profit.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

My Resolution Theme for 2020 is going to be Creativity.
Read more, draw more, create more. My bf had an idea for a game that he seemed inspired about, so if he makes the assets for it i'll do the programming.
Following the advice in the CGP video, instead of going on twitter or reddit while i wait for something, I'll read.
And instead of 'I need to draw 1 thing a week' (that i failed on my second week), I'll just draw when I get an idea of something I want to draw.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Since I haven't fully settled down this month, I've not really started my resolutions. >.< Although I have been making some effort on the cooking front and I've already finished three books this year! So I guess it's not all bad.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I can at least update this a bit.

Reading - So far, I've read six books this year and have started on my seventh! So that one is doing alright.
Fitness - About a month ago I started a proper exercise routine. I've missed a couple of sessions but this week I did all of them! So if I keep that up, things are going well there too.
Online courses - I did one during the lockdown but it wasn't actually as good as I expected. The others I was looking at seem a bit old so I'm not sure when I will do the next one.
Food - I've been eating a lot less processed and more fresh food. I've also been doing actual cooking. I made dal twice now (about five years after I was given a recipe) and fried rice which is nice and easy. I could do better but its coming along.
Writing - This one has not been a success. I've done very little writing so far.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Read- I read two books, https://www.amazon.com/Matthew-Colville ... scns_share
They were pretty good. Started reading Dune again too, but its slower going. 1 cause its long and 2 cause Ive read it before in HS
Draw- Only like 3 so far. 2 doodles and the art comp one. Bought my bf's old drawing tablet off him, so hope to make more still.
Create - does my town in animal crossing count? Else not much.

Good Job Rakuen! Good luck on the rest of the year, and good luck to everyone else tooo
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion