The Four Tendencies

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.

Which of the four tendencies did you get?

Upholder
22%
Questioner
33%
Obliger
22%
Rebel
22%

Total votes: 9
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

The Four Tendencies

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Adagio's personality quiz seems to have a certain longevity so I thought I'd add a different personality test that I found a while back. It tries to divide people into four main personality types. She claims that people are defined by how they respond to inner and outer expectations. The types or tendencies that she describes are as follows. (I'm taking the descriptions from a Business Insider article.)

Upholders generally meet both inner and outer expectations, meaning they don't let others or themselves down.
Questioners meet only inner expectations. They push back against and question all expectations. Above all, they do something only if they think it makes sense — they hate anything arbitrary.
Obligers meet outer expectations but not always inner ones. In other words, they usually need some form of external accountability.
Rebels resist both inner and outer expectations. They value authenticity and self-determination.

You can take the test here: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4232520/ ... enciesquiz

I got the Questioner tendency.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: The Four Tendencies

Post by Adagio »

It said I'm an Upholder. But I could be an Obliger.

It's hard to answer these questions in binary form, cause I may agree to a part of it and disagree to another. Or judge myself on a scenario that hasn't happened before...
Like I've never had a new years resolution, cause it's not tradition for us...
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Apparently I'm an upholder, too. I often make new year's resolutions regarding my work (write a certain number of words before the end of the year, finish the current manuscript, what have you) and I've never failed one yet.

I was a bit surprised by the "sudden change in appearance" question. I did shave my head, so I guess that counts. Not sure what type that's supposed to point to, though.

Oh, and no way am I giving my email address to some random personality quiz site. I get enough weird emails already... -_-
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

I'm a people pleaser if ever there was one. Like I'm a text book kiss ass :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

Yup...thought I'm and obliger and voila..I'm an obliger
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Questioner.
Questioners question all expectations, and will meet an expectation only if they believe it’s justified, so in effect, they meet only inner expectations.
Once Questioners believe that a particular habit is worthwhile, they’ll stick to it—but only if they’re satisfied about the habit’s soundness and usefulness. They resist anything arbitrary or ineffective; they accept direction only from people they respect.
Questioners may exhaust themselves (and other people) with their relentless questioning, and they sometimes find it hard to act without perfect information.
If you’re thinking, “Well, right now I question the validity of the Four Tendencies framework,” yep, you’re probably a Questioner!
excuse-me-you-dont-know-me.jpg
excuse-me-you-dont-know-me.jpg (91.58 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Bahn
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Otter
Region: Western Cape

Post by Bahn »

Says I'm an Obliger.

Suppose I could have seen it coming when I'm more concerned with how I'm perceived than worrying about my own perception of them.

But I do find that when it comes to work I'm less of a person that just obliges. Probably got a bit of a rebel in there :)
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

apparently i'm a rebel... who knew...
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Animew wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:01 pm apparently i'm a rebel... who knew...
Noooo! Really?
Animew. Would never have guessed...
XD :lol: :lol: