Meta: why is civilised discourse so difficult?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Re: Meta: why is civilised discourse so difficult?

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:46 am So if you believe I refused to accept that, you are doing so without any evidence and in contradiction to what I posted. What can I possibly do in such a situation?
UwU/ simple, you bow down to my superiority and kiss my kitty cat toes like the dirty dog you are.

lol, seriously tho bro don't get all caught up in the semantics of what i say. what i am trying to convey is that you disregard other peoples viewpoints entirely in favor of your own regardless of statistical factors like the number of people saying the same thing. as someone who does research you should know better. in the case of the FA pictures thing you assume your own experimentation is enough to discredit the theories others have put forth. believing with all conviction that you have overlooked nothing in your recreation of the parameters. UwU/ but right off the bat you don't even take ISPs into account or OS versions. that seems to demonstrate a ferocious oversight due to your over confidence in your method. <w< pride is a lethal mind poison firedog.
Raven Song wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 am I'm not all for seeing the same argument over and over again in different scenarios with the same players
\OwO/ i know right! its like people wont let stuff go but instead of fighting it out with me in the original thread like a real man they instead argue the same point in a different unrelated thread! its like playing wackamole! in the perfect world we would all be arguing with new people about new things all the time but instead we are stuck following around people from thread to thread smashing the same old trending issue whenever they bring it up in a new thread.
Leeward wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:17 am Not going to argue with you there
<w< i see what you did there.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Meta: why is civilised discourse so difficult?

Post by Leeward »

I randomly came across this parable today and it reminded me of this thread.