Woke Comedy

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

Woke Comedy

Post by Franky »

I used to like John Oliver and Trevor Noah.

:(

Now it's just PC rubbish which isn't remotely funny. I find it concerning that the entertainment industry is basically under full control by oversensitive SJW's with 0 sense of humour.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Woke Comedy

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I don't recall any problems with John Oliver, although Trevor has had a couple of bad segments recently. When he's good, he's really good.

That said, here's a comment I left on one of the recent videos about kicking one of the officials out of a restaurant which so many were so happy about.
Come on Trevor. This behaviour is actually really disturbing. Isn't there an expression about becoming the thing you hate? As you say at the end, this is the same way minorities get treated but haven't the same people saying these things about Republicans been saying it's wrong to treat minorities that way. There was outrage about refusing to serve gays recently. If a politician was calling for Texans to confront blacks if they saw them and tell them they weren't welcome, Democrats would be rightly outraged. If a crowd came and disturbed Muslims when they tried to eat at a restaurant, we would call it harassment. To see politicians, especially from the left who were supposed to be better, encouraging discrimination, harassment and so on is frankly disturbing. Discrimination based on political beliefs is still discrimination and is still wrong. That's why we have a problem with the way politics works in Russia and China. Has the US completely forgotten the McCarthy era communist witch hunts?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing
Region: Gauteng

Re: Woke Comedy

Post by Splicer-Fox »

There is always Philip DeFranco
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian