Recipe!! (For success)

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Recipe!! (For success)

Post by Raven Song »

Not sure if there's somewhere for this but I've just gotten into cooking...

Wondering what everyone's fave recipes, flavour combos, techniques etc. are!

Mine is pork dressed in a honey, mustard, soy, Worcester and sugar mix.

Mmmm.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Recipe!! (For success)

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Mince, noodles, (soy mince if you're strapped for cash), frozen veg, white sauce (butter/margarine) milk and cheese, layer noodles first, mix half the white sauce into the noodles, layer mince on top of that, second layer of white sauce, add cheese to top, grill till gold. Wonderful
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

If you've got a sandwich toaster thing (Or snackwich, as my family called it... No clue if anyone else calls it this), a really easy and quick thing to make is egg snackwiches. Just dent the bread a bit, carefully put the egg in (It's probably going to leak a bit, but cleanup is easy enough), put the other slice of bread on top, lightly pinch the sides, repeat with however many sandwiches your maker can make, close the thing, wait a few minutes.

About 90% of the recipes I know involve eggs and bread, and this is probably my favourite. I don't know why, but the flavour is just so nice, slightly smokey, and the bread absorbs some of the egg, making the insides slightly like french toast

Can be hard to get the timing right, seeing as you can't see if it's cooked or not, but rather let it go too long than too short. There's nothing worse than expecting a heavenly taste, then biting into a sandwich of raw eggy dissapointment
Mew?
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

@jacojerb a snackwicher closes the edges of the bread and cuts off the crusts, making like a bread piet thingy, whereas a panini maker is more like a regular toasted sandwich I believe?

We have a snackwicher, so its not a made up word...
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Thanks for that. It kind of sounds like a made up word, snackwich, but I guess that all words were made up at some point, so...
Mew?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

In the UK it is boringly called a Sandwich Maker. I had a snackwich maker growing up which later in life my sister and I would call a manwich maker...

I love snackwiches.
Nice suggestion JJ
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

My roommate and I have been rather taken by a dish we've attempted to recreate after a restaurant stopped serving it, Indonesian Peanut Saute. We found an awesome variation online. It's a bit of work, but the ingredients are simple and it is absolutely delicious. It is a bit of a longer recipe though, so I will let someone ask for it before I post it. :P

In the meantime, a dish I love that tends to be a hit with everyone I've served it to is lentils and rice. Super simple, but absolutely delicious. My mom's recipe for it is as follows:
Mdardra (lentils with rice)

1 c uncooked lentils
4 c water
2 large red onions,julienned (cut lengthwise into long strips)
1/2 c oil
1 c uncooked rice
1 Tbsp salt

Rinse lentils (remove any stones) and add to water. Cover, bring to boil and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, saute' onions in oil until golden brown. (I usually start this first, since they take a while to cook.) Remove onions from pan and set aside. Rinse frying pan with 2 Tablespoons of the lentil water. Add this residue, rice and salt to lentils. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes (I turn heat lower) until done or until rice and lentils are fluffy.
Place on a serving platter and completely cover the mdardra with the fried onions. May be served hot or cold. Nice with plain yogurt or lemon juice. Serves 6.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Adagio wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:42 am a snackwicher closes the edges of the bread and cuts off the crusts, making like a bread piet thingy
That sounds similar to a jaffle?
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

You guys have not lived until you have eaten the pride and joy of South African cooking - a secret recipe concocted by me and admired greatly by gourmets all around the world! Now, you too, can experience it! I call it <REDACTED>.

Ingredients:

<Redacted>
<Redacted>
3 Swedish Virgins
<Redacted>
<Redacted>
1.5 teaspoons table salt

Steps:

1. <Redacted>
2. <Redacted>
3. Ensure the pig is well-fed and calm.
4. <Redacted>
5. Not spilling its contents, pour the acid carefully into the volumetric flask - measure out 25ml.
6. <Redacted>
7. Enjoy!
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

GUess it would be a jaffle if you make a mince broodjie?
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

sooo hungry
but yeah personally if you throw a regular ol quiche lorrainne at me I'm happy
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

My mate and I are serious foodies. I don't cook, like, at all... but my mate does, and he's really into it, so lucky me! ^^ Yesterday he made some salted caramel ice cream, inspired by this show we've been bingeing on Netflix. It. Is. DIVINE.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

That just sounds epic Lee!!!

Gal-ahad..... you made my day.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Leeward wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:44 am
Adagio wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:42 am a snackwicher closes the edges of the bread and cuts off the crusts, making like a bread piet thingy
That sounds similar to a jaffle?
UwU/ a snackwich is triangular and a jaffle is round. if you put a tuna&mayo mix into a snackwich it becomes a "burda". jaffles characteristically have mince inside but snackwiches can be pretty much anything you can put on a regular sandwich since it uses the entire square bread, jaffles cut off the edges so you stand to lose some sandwich content. on snackwiches the crust actually remains and is the best part IMHO since its nice and crunchy.

as for recipes, i have a thousand ways to make 2 minute noodles. everything from smelly horse cock ramen (seafood noodles) to loli vomit ramen (does not contain actual vomit, it just looks that way)
for 2 minute noodles is the true bachelors food... and you have to get creative not to get tired of it.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Why not expand your horizons by adding bread and eggs to the mix?

I have made 2 minute noodle sandwiches, and I have added eggs to 2 minute noodles (in a few ways actually. You can just break an egg into it before throwing it in the microwave, that does come out okay, but cooking an egg in a pan first is much better... I think boiled eggs works too, but I'm not a fan of boiled eggs...). I have not combined all 3 at once though... I guess you can toast some bread and crumb it into the noodles, might be good.
Mew?
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I find this topics lack of photos, disturbing...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Today I improvised a 3-ingredient lunch that was surprisingly good considering how simple it is. I'm probably not the first to come up with it, but I thought I'd share anyway.

1 x pack of instant noodles (minus the flavour packet)
1 x tin of tuna chunks
A few dollops of tangy mayo

Put the noodles in hot water first, then drain the tuna and mix with the mayo. Once the noodles are soft, drain, add, mix, enjoy.
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

I personally prefer a drained tin of tuna mixed with two spoons of mayo, several grindings on black pepper and served on some Salticrax.

Also make this quite often:
1 cup flour
5ml baking powder
75ml boiled water
37ml oil
garlic salt
mixed herbs
1 tin tuna
tomato sauce
chutney
cheese

Combine flour, baking powder, water, oil, garlic salt and mixed herbs to make a dough. Press into pizza pan. Cook for 12 min (180C fan) Open and drain tuna. Combine with tomato sauce and chutney. Put ontop of pizza base. Add grated cheese. Cook for a further 15 min. Voila...yummy tuna pizza!
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944