Who here wants Witch Hunts?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.

Do you want witch hunts?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 16
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Re: Who here wants Witch Hunts?

Post by Trace »

I will admit...
I have tried to stay out of this and a lot of the other drama that has happened on the forum lately.
I haven't been quite able to figure out whether my contributing to some of these discussions would be a help or just a further hindrance... and so I have stayed out of them, watching events unfold. I still don't know if that has been a good or a bad idea.
There are some amazing furs here... but it has hurt to witness this and other drama and to see how deeply people have been affected by it... myself included.
There have been times where I have wondered if it is worth staying... I hope desperately that the day never comes when I decide that it truly isn't.
I have hope that this forum can become something greater than it is now... but that depends on everyone being willing to contribute to making it a better place. Even if it's just with simple things. Like being civil. Like occasionally being willing to step back from the keyboard and reconsider a response. Like saying thank you on occasion.
I won't claim to be perfect... I know that I could do more... and I would like to find ways to do so. Neither will I say that our staff is perfect. They are just as human as we are.
But I know that most of the time, they truly are trying their best, and have only the best interests of everyone here at heart.
So I guess the point of all of this is that I would like to see things get better... but it will take effort. And everyone needs to contribute.
For now, I would like to thank everyone that is and has been involved with the Zafur team. Valerion, Rakuen, Ivic, Tocs, Adagio, Galahad, Hargan, Leeward, Badge, Anoyomouse... and anyone else that I may have left out: Thank you all. Thank you for making a place where we can come and spend time getting to hang out with other furs. Thank you for making a place on the internet where we can be silly and just enjoy each other. Thank you for putting more time and effort into this than anyone may know. And thank you for wanting the best for everyone here. I know that I am nowhere near the only one who truly appreciates it, and I'm sorry that I don't say thanks more often.
Thank you too, for accepting me here. I'm just some random Wolfdog from the US. But I feel that I've found a home among you fluffs. Thank you all for being amazing people that make me want to care.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 am Also just as an aside, this behaviour is totally unbecoming of a moderator...

Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:17 am Speaking of, personally I actually wouldn't mind a witch hunt...

23biod.jpg

Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Hargan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 am I already mentioned on the moderator forums that you brought me to snap through your methods, that you hit one of my limit triggers. I even spoke to them about it last night. And as was noted in a conversation, me losing the position has always been fine for me, because I will not stand in a community that does things like this. This is the camel's back breaking point.
...i legit nearly peed myself laughing... S-fox lost his mod title after taking the dick riding too far... PPPFFTNYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
seriously? oh man! i'm not even going to bother reading any of the other posts, how can one little petition have this mush stirring power?
surprised this isn't locked tho, this does seem like the perfect thing to lock since it basically just perpetuates drama from another thread... that is now locked...
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Valerion »

Animew wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:27 am
Hargan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 am I already mentioned on the moderator forums that you brought me to snap through your methods, that you hit one of my limit triggers. I even spoke to them about it last night. And as was noted in a conversation, me losing the position has always been fine for me, because I will not stand in a community that does things like this. This is the camel's back breaking point.
...i legit nearly peed myself laughing... S-fox lost his mod title after taking the dick riding too far... PPPFFTNYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
seriously? oh man! i'm not even going to bother reading any of the other posts, how can one little petition have this mush stirring power?
surprised this isn't locked tho, this does seem like the perfect thing to lock since it basically just perpetuates drama from another thread... that is now locked...
I am busy re-shuffling the staff, if you are paying attention.. That has nothing to do with this, or the other thread. It was a decision on my part that Hargan agreed with.

You are right about locking this, though.