Good idea taking a break from it all?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
WindyDreams
Species: Caucasian Ovcharka
Region: Other

Good idea taking a break from it all?

Post by WindyDreams »

Hey y'all,
I've decided to take a break from most social medias and only use them if I have to. I'm starting to wonder though, are these breaks from everything good or bad?
The main reason I've done it now is due to pressure from real life and other issues such as too much communication. It gives me a chance to clear my mind and focus on pressing matters.
What do you guys think of these breaks? Good or Bad?
Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion
Region: Gauteng

Re: Good idea taking a break from it all?

Post by Sudan Red »

Breaks are good.

I have already muted all Telegram groups for the holiday season. I only check FaceBook if someone tags me in a post. And I scroll through Twitter once, maybe twice a day. Even ZAFur Forum is not an open tab any more, I have to physically navigate here.

No one can be available 24/7. This time of year everyone has a lot of IRL obligations. Not only that, but December is a time of introspection & reflection for many folks. I can't do that in the clamour of a crowd. :)
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Definitely good, but you have to take it seriously and do it properly, for a decent amount of time (i.e. at least a couple of days). Better yet, take a break from the internet altogether. I find it very refreshing, and helps me regain some perspective.
Traden
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Leopard

Post by Traden »

I'm not taking a full break, but I am avoiding Facebook and reading too much of the news for a while... I've been getting too worked up over politics and need to get away from it and enjoy what I have that actually affects me and makes me happy on a day-to-day basis.
WindyDreams
Species: Caucasian Ovcharka

Post by WindyDreams »

Sudan Red wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:09 pm Breaks are good.

I have already muted all Telegram groups for the holiday season. I only check FaceBook if someone tags me in a post. And I scroll through Twitter once, maybe twice a day. Even ZAFur Forum is not an open tab any more, I have to physically navigate here.
No one can be available 24/7
. This time of year everyone has a lot of IRL obligations. Not only that, but December is a time of introspection & reflection for many folks. I can't do that in the clamour of a crowd. :)
I wish some people would understand that...