More facepalms

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: More facepalms

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Let me just post a screenshot of what was in one tweet. It just says everything.
stupidity.png
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

This is my rifle, this is my gun!
This one is for shooting, this oneis for fun!
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

@3:42

Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing
Region: Gauteng

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Its getting more difficult to keep Outraged Americans out of my news feeds.
You guys seen what happened to Venezuela?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Capture.PNG
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Self-taught rocket scientist launches himself 571m high in a home-made rocket in an attempt to prove that the earth is flat:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ed-rocket/
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

They never said if he was convinced. Or what he saw. :/
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Yeah... The article was a bit sparce on details huh?
Butthe dude looked lretty banged up afterwards... :lol:
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Just google "Mad Mike Hughes rocket" and you'll find more info.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Leeward wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 am Just google "Mad Mike Hughes rocket" and you'll find more info.
The furry in me read that completely wrong... :shock:
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Leeward wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:53 am Self-taught rocket scientist launches himself 571m high in a home-made rocket in an attempt to prove that the earth is flat:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ed-rocket/
Ah look, now I know why Patrick Hocksetter had himself banned from MyBroadband.co.za, he was busy with this.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

why not rather send a camera up tho? i mean i admire the guys spunk and curiosity but really... why would you even try something like that with yourself!? then again didn't a Chinese emperor do something similar? i bet when he exploded his subjects just looked at each other and decided that its better to say that he made it to the moon. "yea, emperor Fu-Wu-Shi made it. look i can see him up there on the moon. totes."
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

571m. So he could just stand on a hill. Or a building.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Also, tons of people have sent cameras up near the edge of space using balloons. It's not even hard.

Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Just read this headline. "Man ‘team-killed and virtually teabagged’ female journalist during shocking in-game rampage"
It's not a rampage to kill one person in-game. It's not shocking since killing people is clearly what you can do in the game. And video game tea bagging doesn't really go beyond unsporting. What next "Shocking audio as one player calls another a noob"!?
http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/09/man-team- ... e-7452093/
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

You leave my Nanny state alone!
I got told off yesterday by a representative of the Pony Club for the way I describe tying a quick release knot.
Apparently saying "make the bunny ears, push them through the hole, pull the ears and bottom rope and strangle the bunny!" Is an inappropriate means of teaching 6 years olds.
I beg to differ.
No one cried and they ain't gonna forget it anytime soon are they.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I'm going to file this under facepalm worthy.
"Leukaemia patient with medical mask stopped by Austrian police under 'burqa ban'"
https://www.thelocal.at/20180424/leukae ... a-veil-ban
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

omfg
The more I read the more in disbelief I am

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/entry/ ... e89e1e4824
Congressional Candidate In Virginia Admits He’s A Pedophile
“A lot of people are tired of political correctness and being constrained by it,” he said. “People prefer when there’s an outsider who doesn’t have anything to lose and is willing to say what’s on a lot of people’s minds.”

When asked whether he’s a pedophile or just writes about pedophilia, he said, “It’s a mix of both. When people go over the top there’s a grain of truth to what they say.”

Asked whether there was a “grain of truth” in his essay about father-daughter incest and another about raping his ex-wife repeatedly, he said yes, offering that plenty of women have rape fantasies.
When asked what his constituents would think about his pedophiliac writings, he said, “People are open-minded.”

He continued, “A lot of people who disagreed with someone like Trump … might vote for them anyway just because the establishment doesn’t like them.”
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

From what I've heard, Huffington Post is not exactly known for fair, accurate or top-quality journalism. That said... if that is true, that is quite disturbing. Of course, the other question is whether he ever had any shot of being elected. If not, all such an article really achieves is to make him famous and spread his ideas.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

They did an AMA if you're wondering about accurate & stuff
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Prepare yourself to say "what?" a lot for this story called "Austria rejects asylum seeker because he didn't 'act or dress' gay"
https://www.thelocal.at/20180815/austri ... -dress-gay
""The way you walk, act or dress does not show even in the slightest that you could be homosexual," the official reportedly wrote in his assessment rejecting the claim."
"The official also found "potential for aggression" which "wouldn't be expected from a homosexual", because the man fought with others in the charity accommodation that houses them."
"The Afghan reportedly had few friends and liked spending time alone or in small groups, leading the official to question in his report: "Aren't homosexuals rather social?""
"The Afghan had said he became aware of his sexuality when he was 12 years old, but the official found that was "rather early" and so not likely, particularly in a society like Afghanistan "where there is no public sexual stimulation through fashion and advertisement"."
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Apparently a Kenyan filmmaker made a film called Rafiki which is a lesbian love story. It was banned in Kenya because evil whatever whatever. Here's the crazy bit. A judge then lifted the ban because she is "not convinced that Kenya is such a weak society that its moral foundation will be shaken by seeing such a film.” Which would be cool except... the ban is only lifted for seven days. Incidentally, a film needs to be shown for at least seven consecutive days in its home country to be eligible for the Oscars. What a coincidence...
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/rafi ... 202952473/
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/21/afri ... index.html
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Yay! Or...boo? Or...uh...I have mixed feelings about this...
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Here's a crazy one. A couple just got their holiday refunded because... "hotel staff at a Jamaican resort left an effigy of their dead son in their room as a misguided tribute."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... s-dead-son
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:38 am Here's a crazy one. A couple just got their holiday refunded because... "hotel staff at a Jamaican resort left an effigy of their dead son in their room as a misguided tribute."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... s-dead-son
Holy crap what a fail.
Dt0csSzX4AEL9pR.jpg
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

They may as well have just embalmed his corpse and hung it over the bed. :laughing:
Seriously, though, in what world did they think this would be acceptable? Even attributing it to different cultural perceptions feels like a bit of a stretch.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

A comedian in Canada was barred from performing at two venues because... he's white and has dreadlocks. Seriously. Apparently that is just so awful.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... dreadlocks
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:06 pm A comedian in Canada was barred from performing at two venues because... he's white and has dreadlocks. Seriously. Apparently that is just so awful.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... dreadlocks
What a load of crock.

And the worlds favourite comedy channel "News outlet" has been on this since 2016. https://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/31/livi ... index.html

Also "snowflake comedy club" Yeah that sounds about right.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

This one is funny. To summarise, there was mathematical paper about why hipsters (or any non-conformists) all end up looking the same. Someone wrote about that with a photo of a hipster. They then got an email from the guy in the photo who complained about his image shouldn't be used for topics that are controversial or unflattering. Then...
The stock photo giant checked the model release and lo! The guy in the image wasn't even the same dude who was complaining. "He'd misidentified himself," Lichfield said.

"All of which just proves the story we ran: hipsters look so much alike that they can’t even tell themselves apart from each other."
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/0 ... same_fact/
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~