The Adventures of Superbike Snep

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

The Adventures of Superbike Snep

Post by Sev »

I don't usually like to so overtly toot my own horn, but I want to share this incredible experience.

People often ask me why I put up with Italian bikes, when the Japanese bikes are cheaper, more practical, and just as fast. I often put it down to the intangible "passion" of them, and how they're capable of captivating even people who know zero about bikes.

Take tonight, for example. I was commuting home from spending the day at Leeward's. I ended up missing my turn, and getting completely lost.

Turned out to be the best thing possible, because I managed to make some kids' night.

I was on the home stretch of the journey, when I came across this pickup truck that was moving rather slowly. Being cold, tired, and incredibly stiff, I shot past it. When I stopped at the light, the pickup stopped in the lane next to me. And these three kids in the vehicle were wide eyed with excitement. I gave them two happy revs in response.

When the lighted turned green, I shot off into the distance.

I met them at the next traffic light, where they actually leaned out of the two windows. I exchanged a couple of handshakes with them (nearly dropping the bike in the process, because of the slippery road), but was unfortunately cut short by the light changing again.

The light turned green, I gave another happy rev, and we parted ways.

The father looked pretty happy about the whole thing.

I got home grinning from ear to ear. As fun as the speed of that bike is, it's the moments like this that are truly special.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: The Adventures of Superbike Snep

Post by Raven Song »

Now, look at our wittle Snep, bringing the joy of Italian stallions to the world :P

I must admit, having mastered the thumb control on the quad, I can now see why u motorbikers love them (mine still has four safe wheels... I ain't got the balance for two)
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

That does sound like an awesome experience. ^.^
I'm glad that you got to have fun making their night. :3
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

It's the small acts like this that improve the public perception of motorcyclists and get kids interested in perhaps one day riding.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Are ya ready kids?
Race ECU.jpg
In all seriousness, I can't hear you over how awesome this bike now is.

Pants sh###ing action from idle to red line. :D

I got around to fitting the Race ECU, and it has completely transformed the bike.