Thoughts on the rise of Naz-furs

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Thoughts on the rise of Naz-furs

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

That is the one. There used to be some good pieces but as time passed... well, lets just say the nonsense there now outweighs the pieces of value.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by Franky »

OK so here's the latest:
DhW1QBFVQAMuokV.jpg
Jesus! Nazis!!! Where?

*sniffs around*

hmmmm.... what the?

Show me one Nazi at Anthrocon this weekend please?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Sonious had a recent post on Flayrah about Nazis and stuff. I don't agree with everything there but it's a pretty good post and raises some important issues.
https://www.flayrah.com/7362/f-word-without-n-word

There are Nazi furs and that is a problem but I think the reaction is generally out of proportion to the scale of the problem and badges like that make me uneasy. Not because, I want Nazis around but because I believe there will be far more people accused of being a Nazi than who are actually one. A thread that recently popped up on my Twitter just seems to prove that. Someone tweeted:
The problem with "Nazi furs fuck off" ribbons is not the message. The problem is that you dont really mean "Nazi furs", you actually mean "Conservatives"
Then here's a few examples of responses.
if youre so mad about stickers telling nazi's to fuck off, that you leave
it worked.
almost as if conservatism and fascism have a lot in common
Maybe that's because there's a strong overlap between conservativism and fascism.
No. It means Nazis. The onus is on conservatives to decide if caged kids and ethnic disenfranchisement is okay with them. There are moderate conservative ideas that don’t involve ethnic cleansing. Take a clear moral stand against that and the Nazi tag doesn’t apply. Easy.
Every single one of those replies involves expanded Nazi furs to include conservatives or even people questioning the badges. That's the exact thing the guy is complaining about and they do it in the replies.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:06 pmEvery single one of those replies involves expanded Nazi furs to include conservatives or even people questioning the badges. That's the exact thing the guy is complaining about and they do it in the replies.
That is the intent behind this whole ordeal. Or just simply centrists, libertarians, left wingers who don't agree with all the extreme opinions of people like Deo and Dogpatch and so forth. Imagine a furry going into a con like this with a MAGA hat or something extreme left activists despise.

This type of propaganda is not only dangerous to the fandom but it creates a ugly wedge between furries.
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Franky wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:56 am

That is the intent behind this whole ordeal. Or just simply centrists, libertarians, left wingers who don't agree with all the extreme opinions of people like Deo and Dogpatch and so forth. Imagine a furry going into a con like this with a MAGA hat or something extreme left activists despise.

This type of propaganda is not only dangerous to the fandom but it creates a ugly wedge between furries.
It already happened.
I cant find the tweets, but there was an indecent involving a fursuit with confederate stripes/cross on it.
Apparently furries were trying to vandalize the suit with the creator still in it.
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Splicer-Fox wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:22 pm
Franky wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:56 am

It already happened.
I cant find the tweets, but there was an indecent involving a fursuit with confederate stripes/cross on it.
Apparently furries were trying to vandalize the suit with the creator still in it.
Arkansas.

From what I read he entered cons without paying. But then again, I'm recently starting to question both MFF and Anthrocon's board of directors' honesty and decisions regarding the inclusiveness of their events.

Doesn't look fun at all anymore and more like a political correctness shytestorm.
SirFox
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Fox

Post by SirFox »

The alt-right is a counter-reaction to the alt-left - femi-nazis.
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

SirFox wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 am The alt-right is a counter-reaction to the alt-left - femi-nazis.
Not really. The true alt right is basically white nationalists group. They are real racists and haven't really grown significantly in recent years. I have no time for morons like Richard Spencer and his goons and place them in exactly the same light as BLM.

The true opposition to the radical leftists is centrists, libertarians, conservatives and hell, even the liberals who aren't moronic.
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Thing is I don't have a cooking clue about this BS...

What's next... KKK Furries, and then AWB furries.... gods forbid....
If that happens I'll quit the fandom completely I'd be too effing embarassed
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I bet you they exist in other fandoms too
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Yes the commie furry problem is really out of hand at the moment...
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

A local crow shared with me this gem:

Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

And here we are. This video got taken down.... again.

WTF youtube? Having a spasm with all those SJW's e-mailing you?

Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

i've kinda been wondering about this tho... wasn't this whole nazi fur thing started inadvertently by ol nightfire as a joke?

Owo now we have like anti nazifur bumper stickers and junk like that. UwU/ all in all i'd say that was one successful bout of trolling.

and the pawstica was like the U-18chan logo. they had the nazi theme because of the name being that of a German U-boat... UwU/ deez folks cant take a Jewk.

OwO perhaps this proves that the furry fandom has been infiltrated by jews and are being used to turn us all gay! just like the brony fandom! ERMEGERD! time for the tinfoil fursuits my friends!
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Sadrok
Species: Anthro Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sadrok »

Animew wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 pm deez folks cant take a Jewk.
I snorted..
Animew wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 pm just like the brony fandom! ERMEGERD!
oh noes. us bronies be stomping on teh furries. furries are bad.
Darq
Species: Kitteh =3

Post by Darq »

Animew wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 pm i've kinda been wondering about this tho... wasn't this whole nazi fur thing started inadvertently by ol nightfire as a joke?
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Foxler_Nightfire#Controversy

Yeah. As a "joke".

Haha.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here.
Backpackcat. Enby, they / them. Telegram and Twitter: @Darq_At
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

The other day, Ivic and Scratch interviewed Deo, a furry who has done a lot of investigation into white supremacist groups and the ways that they recruit:

I highly recommend this article by her. It is fascinating and rather horrifying. I have to say, the podcast the other day was excellent, and there was some great discussion points. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't already:
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Darq wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:39 pm Yeah. As a "joke".
when a brown skinned gay man starts calling himself the furry Hitler and dressing like a Nazi he is joking by default. i mean it would quite literally be impossible for him to be serious. <w< unless he is more than just a little nutsie.

and as a fellow stirrer of sh... er... trouble, i can assure you having people take it seriously despite its obvious rediculosity is like the best trollbait ever.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Animew wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:41 am
when a brown skinned gay man starts calling himself the furry Hitler and dressing like a Nazi he is joking by default. i mean it would quite literally be impossible for him to be serious. <w< unless he is more than just a little nutsie.

and as a fellow stirrer of sh... er... trouble, i can assure you having people take it seriously despite its obvious rediculosity is like the best trollbait ever.
I'm wondering if you've ever read his book "The Furred Reich" as well as his several defenses of his position as a Nazi as well as the variety of different comments he's given about being enthralled by the work Hitler and Co. did.

But irrespective of that...even if it were trolling, how far would one be willing to go if it's all a charade? I mean even you have moments of clarity and even remorse. XD
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I'm sorry but with a title like "The Furred Reich" I couldn't possibly take it seriously. I knew we were into shitty puns but that's just... no.
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:57 pm
Animew wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:41 am

I'm wondering if you've ever read his book "The Furred Reich" as well as his several defenses of his position as a Nazi as well as the variety of different comments he's given about being enthralled by the work Hitler and Co. did.

But irrespective of that...even if it were trolling, how far would one be willing to go if it's all a charade? I mean even you have moments of clarity and even remorse. XD
That's Len Gilbert not Foxler.

Darq
Species: Kitteh =3

Post by Darq »

Animew wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:41 am when a brown skinned gay man starts calling himself the furry Hitler and dressing like a Nazi he is joking by default. i mean it would quite literally be impossible for him to be serious. <w< unless he is more than just a little nutsie.

That doesn't make it a joke. That makes it nonsensical.

Even if it were a joke, it's a joke that has directly contributed money towards a Neo-Nazi group.
It's a joke that is blatantly racist.
It's a joke that makes the furry community less comfortable for those inside of it.
And it's a joke that doesn't really look like a joke, making it appear that the furry community has a Nazi problem.

Which was a large criticism of the "Nazi furs **** off" stickers, that the stickers draw attention to a problem that doesn't exist, and makes it appear that the furry community has a Nazi problem.

So... What is it? Do we care about how the fandom appears? In which case we should remove the elements "joking" that they are Nazis by flying Nazi- excuse me- "Furzi" insignia.
Or do we not care about how the fandom appears? In which case we should be fine with "Nazi furs **** off" stickers.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here.
Backpackcat. Enby, they / them. Telegram and Twitter: @Darq_At
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Franky wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:16 pm
That's Len Gilbert not Foxler.
apologies.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Darq wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:32 pm That doesn't make it a joke. That makes it nonsensical.
which is the very basis of a joke. UwU/ its called the POE. just ask Franky, he knows the POE.
Darq wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:32 pm directly contributed money towards a Neo-Nazi group.
lol, yea that's a way to troll both the neo nazi group and people that take him seriously. as far as i know there ware no bites from the neo nazi organizations and their reaction was more like:
than actual outrage. =w= so he stopped doing it.
i find it more distressing that he managed to easily troll furies and not Nazis. \OwO/ the fandom is a treasure trove of trollable people it seems.

but this kinda thing is not unique to the fandom by a long shot:
this form of trolling has been around for as long as there have been factions with strong views.
Darq wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:32 pm Do we care about how the fandom appears? In which case we should remove the elements "joking" that they are Nazis by flying Nazi- excuse me- "Furzi" insignia.
Or do we not care about how the fandom appears? In which case we should be fine with "Nazi furs **** off" stickers.

Owo you seem to be under the impression that someone can actually control things within the fandom. woman, its freaking anarchy up in here! by having such a reaction to people like foxler, you just goads them on to take it a little FURther... and eventually nazi furs will become a thing for real as more and more people see it, i mean its already made meme status... next there shall be actual terrorism committed by people under the nazi fur name and EVERYBODY is gonna get lumped in with them. just imagine, furcons banned... the fursuit industry destroyed... all because people could not see a joke for what it really was.
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Tts sad that a total political split in the furry fandom seems inevitable in the west.
But you know, maybe its better?
Smaller furmeets with more… normal-ish people.

But I guess if you’re in the industry you can’t show any favours.
And thing like this has never been good to the flow of money.
Ag oh well.
At least people the people that are the problem:
Will be quarantining themselves in the establishments they are taking over.
Sucks to rebuild, but where there is profit there is a way.

If been watching this video on the history of the fury fandom.
Amazing how fast it changed in the past.
https://youtu.be/8aF2GxWi7Ag?t=17m48s
17:48